Chapter 6: Barrier Breach

Heidi's POV

"STOP THE CAR! HE IS TRYING TO ESCAPE!" I yell and the limo suddenly comes to halt. Ben, Mal, Myself, Evie,Jay, Hadie, and Carlos all jump out of the limo as my dad manages to wrench the barrier open just enough to get his head, shoulders, and hands through. "I AM A GOD!" He screams as his blue hair flames up for the first time in a very longtime, "I DON'T BELONG HERE!" He yells looking directly at Hadie and I. Jay,Carlos, and Ben move quickly towards Hades to get him back behind the barrier.

"Guys don't!" I yell seeing that blue rock in my father's hand. Hades uses the ember to blast Jay, Ben, and Carlos to the ground as Hadie, Mal, Evie, and myself look on in horror. "THAT'S ENOUGH DAD!" Hadie yells as his own hair starts to flame up and our dad just looks at all over us and starts laughing. "You and your sister are nothing but selfish and ungrateful!" He yells as I kneel next to Carlos to make sure that he is okay before checking on Ben. "At least now I have a child that I can be truly proud of!" I turn my attention away from Ben and towards my father as I stand up, "You know about Hayden?" I ask him getting a little closer to him, 

"You really think that I couldn't tell the difference between that two of you! Only a fool couldn't tell the difference! And soon enough your twin sister will take the throne and become more powerful that either one you." Hades sneers and lets out a laugh. I starts walking towards him wanting to let out all this rage out on him but before I can get too close Hadie wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me back, "Don't let him suck you in, don't fall for his game Heidi."Hadie tilts my head up so I am looking into his eyes, "Let him have Hayden,they will ruin each other soon enough."

I nod my head as I look at Hades before I turn to look at Mal whose eyes turn green and she is soon engulfed in light purple smoke, out the smoke Mal appears in her dragon form flying high above us. "Be careful Mal!" I yell turning my attention back to my dad who has a small look of panic on face but that doesn't last long as he uses the ember in his hand to blast Mal. "NO!" I yell feeling powerless to help Mal as she struggles to combat the power of my father's ember. I can see how much the ember is taking out of Mal and it is at this point that I look over at my brother, "Mal can't combat the power of the ember and if we don't do something quickly then father is going to escape." Hadie sighs as he looks down at his hands before taking his hands placing them in mine, "Come on Mal blast him!" Jay yells and as Hadie and I look up at Mal I can see that Mal is fading fast and getting weaker every second the ember's magic is attached to her,

"Are you sure about this?" I nod my head wondering why Hadie would even ask a question like that. "We are stronger together." I say as Hadie and I walk up to my father putting ourselves between him and the others. "On the count of three." Hadie says and I nod my head agreeing with him, "One." Hadie says as he forms a fireball in his hand, "Two." I say forming my own fireball in my hand,"THREE!" We both yell at the same time blasting our father and the blast is strong enough to send him rolling back behind the barrier and disconnecting the ember from Mal. "We did it." I turn to Hadie who has the same look of surprise on his face. Are father sits up off the ground and stares a hole through Hadie and I, "YOU WILL REGRET THAT!" Hades yells with a wicked and cruel smile on his face. Evie helps Carlos back to his feet as Jay helps Ben back to his feet. 

Hades makes it back to his feet with a small look of corner in his eyes as he looks from Mal to Hadie and I, Mal carefully flies lower to ground and I can see the dragon clutching her chest heavily. Mal transforms back to her human self as Ben and Hadie help her down off the limo, "Are you okay?" Evie asks Mal who looks at Hades with a look of pain and horror on her face, "No, he was draining all my magic with that ember, and I felt all my power slipping away." I can see how much pain Mal seems to be in and that is because the magic of the ember is no joke. Hadie and I look at each other knowing full well that the ember is the most important thing to my father, and we both have heard stories about what it can do.

"Your safe. Evie says as we all turn our attention to my father, "He is back where he truly belongs." I say stepping up next to Evie as Hadie steps up next to Jay.My father lets out a huge breath as his usual wrathful look appears on his face as he starts walking away back towards the main parts of the Isle scaring anyone that dares be in his path. "Yeah, for now." Mal says still in a lot of pain as I feel Carlos place his hand on shoulder because he knows the last thing in the world that I want is for my father to be freed.

"We should go." Jay says and Hadie and I nod out heads, "Okay." Mal says as everyone piles back into the limo on high alert just in case Hades tries something again., and once we are all back in the limo Jay quickly drives us back to Auradon Prep.