Chapter 35: For Me

Heidi's POV

After everything returns to normal and Morris cared Hayden off to an unknown location, Clay and the others helped me get Harry to my room and placed him on my bed. Harry is now shirtless with bandages wrapped around his mid-section where the knife got him, and all of our attention in drawn to Ben who runs into the room, "Any sign of Hayden or Morris?" I ask him hoping that Auradon guards or someone managed to catch them or at least see them. "No, it would seem that they have vanished from Auradon."I shake my head knowing that they couldn't have gotten far, "The tunnels. I bet Morris took her to the hidden tunnels and they are on their way back to the isle as we speak."

Ben takes out his phone and hits a few buttons before turning his attention back to us, "I have every guard looking for these tunnels, and when we find them I am going to seal them up once and for all." I just sigh as I turn my attention to Mal who is sitting across from me, "He's slipping away." Mal says to me as I look at her before looking around the room at Evie who is sitting by the window, Carlos who is sitting in the chair next to Evie, Jay who is by the fireplace looking at the pictures of Harry and I, Clay who is lounging in another chair, Ben who is pacing around the room, and Uma is standing not too far from me.

"There's only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this, and that's Hades." I say looking between Mal and Harry. "Hades? He wouldn't do it,I wouldn't risk it." Ben says and I know that he thinks of Auradon but right now I am think about my husband who is dying, "Actually, he might do it for me.He knows how much I love Harry and rather I like it to admit it or not, he is my father." Ben sighs as he fixes his pants and the whole room goes quiet,"Okay. Well, I'll have to send guards to get him." Ben says and Uma speaks up for the first time since the battle with Hayden.

"Maybe I can hitch a ride." Everyone looks at Uma like she crazy for wanting ever to go back to the isle, "The isle is my home. Someone needs to be there to protect it, especially since there is a new Queen in town." Clay gets up off his chair and walks behind Uma placing his hands on her shoulders, "Well, then you will need your first mate." Clay says as Uma looks at him letting out a small laugh,and as I look at Uma and Clay I now see why Uma replaced Clay with Harry, and I can't say that it wasn't the wrong choice because Clay seems to fit that spot better than harry ever did.

"The Isle will be in very good hands, and I have no doubt in my mind that you are the best opponent to combat Hayden." I smile at Uma and Clay nodding my head understanding where Uma is coming from, "I will make sure that the Queen of the dead doesn't let that crown on her head get to tight." Uma winks at me and I know from my experiences with Uma that Hayden will have her hands full with Uma and the rest of the Lost Revenge crew. 

Mal stands up off and looks around the room, "I really think that Evie was right.And I do think that we could've been friends." Mal smiles at Uma as Uma look over at Evie with a smile on her own, "And I'm really sorry that I lied to all of you guys. You deserved so much better than that." I had time to think about it and I get why Mal lied and that is why I am not angry with her or Ben anymore, "You were just trying to do the right thing." Jay says and we all nod our heads agreeing with him. "Yeah." Uma says and I can still see the hurt in her eyes, "I get it." Evie says as I take Mal's hand giving it a tiny squeeze letting her know that I am also understand, "You were doing what you thought as Queen of Auradon was best for your people." I say and Mal just sighs,"Everything is set." Ben says putting away his phone,

"I guess this is goodbye." Uma says and I stand up off my chair and walk over to the person that I saw as an enemy for most of my life, but now I see her as a close friend. "I couldn't have done without you." I say and Uma just nods her head with a sly smile on her lips, "Of course you couldn't have done it with me."She says in a joking tone of voice as I wrap my arms around her giving her a hug and to my surprise Uma hugs me back,

"Take care of yourself, and make sure that Clay doesn't get into too much trouble." I whisper into her ear as the two of us pull out of the hug, "It's time to go."Ben says just as Auradon guards walk into the room, "See you later, and make sure to hit Harry upside his head when he wakes up." I nod my head as I sit back down next to Harry and Uma and Clay walk out of the room.

"You did what you thought as Queen of Auradon was best for your people." I say and Mal just sighs, "Everything is set." Ben says putting away his phone, "I guess this is goodbye." Uma says and I stand up off my chair and walk over to the person that I saw as an enemy for most of my life, but now I see her as a close friend. "I couldn't have done without you." I say and Uma just nods her head with a sly smile on her lips, "Of course you couldn't have done it with me."She says in a joking tone of voice as I wrap my arms around her giving her a hug and to my surprise Uma hugs me back,

"Take care of yourself, and make sure that Clay doesn't get into too much trouble." I whisper into her ear as the two of us pull out of the hug, "It's time to go." Ben says just as Auradon guards walk into the room, "See you later, and make sure to hit Harry upside his head when he wakes up." I nod my head as I sit back down next to Harry and Uma and Clay walk out of the room.