Chapter 18: A Job for Pirates

Heidi's POV

The group and I make our way to the main part of the barrier, "All right. Get in, get out." Mal say as she turns her head to look at Jay, "Jay you're good?" Jay nods his head as he starts digging into his pocket, "Yeah." Jay pulls out the remote for the barrier."Okay. Hold on." Mal says putting her arms out as Jay presses the button and the barrier opens up. Mal and Evie are the first ones to step through, then Hadie and Jay, and lastly it is Carlos and me. Right as I step through it I feel this power plus through me as I look down at the ember in my hand, "Whoa.You got a little Hades thing going." Evie says as Hadie looks at me with a worried look on his face, "Wow." I say now understanding what Hades was talking about when he mentioned the power of the ember, "That thing packs a punch,huh?" Carlos asks and we are interrupted by the sound of evil laughter.

We all turn around to see Gil and the mask man from earlier, but only this time Gil has a small sack in his hand while the mask man has someone who has their hands tied behind their back and a sack over their face. "Looks we got here just in time." The masked man with the Australian accent says as he shoves the person that is tied in front of him, "Who are you?" Mal asks the masked man as he laughs as he takes off his mask revealing himself and to be honest it is someone that I thought I would never see again. His once brown hair was now blonde, his striking blue eyes are filled with vengeance, he has a red bandanna around his head, brown studded earrings in both of his ears, a yellow tank top that shows off just how much more muscular he has gotten since the last time I saw him, a necklace with a gun pendent on it, light brown cargo shorts, and brown combat boots.

"Clay?"I ask out loud as he look at me and winks, "Long time no see Princess." I look at Clay astonished at just how much he seemed to change. "What are you doing with Gil?" I ask taking a step towards them, "Clay here is Uma's new first mate." Gil blurts out loud and this catches not only me but everyone else by surprise, "Wait, I thought Harry was Uma's first mate?" Mal says and it would seem that a lot has changed more has changed on the isle then meets the eye, "Harry had failed Uma to many times, and she needed an upgrade." Clay laughs as he kicks the prisoner in the back of his leg making fall to his knees, "Now let us through the barrier, unless you want to finish off this hostage."

Clay pulls the sack off the head of hostage and once I see who it is my heart breaks into a million pieces, his dark brown hair is messy and sticking up all over the place and his blue eyes are blood shot and seem very sensitive to light. He is wearing a dark red sleeveless jacket, a dark grey and dark red shirt with rips all over it, black pants with dark red patches to cover up where the rips would be, a dark red belt around his waist, and old look boots on his feet."Harry." I say as I try to run to him but Carlos and Hadie grab me and stop me."Let me go!" I yell trying to get out of their grip but they are stronger than me, "What did you do to him?" I ask as tears well up in my eyes as I see just how broken down and defected Harry seems.

"Let's just say that he knows a hold different meaning to the words torture." Clay smiles as he pulls out a hunting knife from his boot and places is close Harry's throat, "I will trade you this washed-up pirate for freedom off the isle." I look at Mal with begging eyes as she just looks at me with conflicted emotions. I take a deep breath before wrenching myself from Hadie and Carlos before snatching the remote from Jay. "HEIDI! NO!" Mal yells but I don't listen to her as I push the button and open the barrier just enough for the three of them to get out. Clay cuts the rope from around Harry's wrists shoving Harry through first before he and Gil dive through just as the barrier closes again. "We made it, bro." Gil says looking at Clay in shock, "We made it." Clay says as him and Gil bro hug quickly.

I rush over to Harry placing his head on my lap and start running my hand through his hair, "Heidi?" He asks in a weak voice and I just nod my head letting a small laugh as a smile comes across his face as he slowly raises his hand and touches my cheek, "I thought I would never see you again." I say as tears fall from eyes and onto him. I reach over grabbing the bag that Gil dropped and inside is Harry's hook. "I think this belongs to you." I hand him his hook as he grips it tightly in his hand, "Looks like are going to Auradon for a wee visit." Clay says he and Gil start walking towards Auradon but they don't to far as Jay and Hadie shove them back.