Chapter 36: Hades in Auradon

Heidi's POV

The next day Belle is standing next to fairy Godmother who is sitting on one side of Harry, my mom is sitting on the other, Beast are standing near the door, Mal, Ben, and I are standing close to my mom just in case my dad tries something. The sound of a vehicle catches my attention and I look outside to see the royal Auradon guard van just pulling up to the front of the building. All the Auradon guards swarm the van as one of the them open the back door open and after one or two guards gets out I see my dad jump out with handcuffs on his wrist and feet. I turn my attention back to room as a knock is heard on the door, "This is it." I say as Beast walks over to the door and opens it.

Beast slowly walks backwards as my dad slowly walks into the room and I walk up to him, "Thank you for coming." I say trying to be as nice as I can but my dad just looks at me with annoyance, "Didn't have much choice." He says holding up his cuffed hands to me, "Can you heal him?" Ben asks walking up behind me. My dad looks at Ben with a vengeful look shining in his eyes, "Since when do heroes care about villains?" Hades asked and I know that he is stuck in his old ways but even he must know that things are slowly changing, 

"He's......"Ben starts but my dad cuts him off, "One of us." He chuckles as a smile comes to his lips, "Right. When you guys try to destroy the world, it's an error in judgment. But when it's one of us, lock them up and throw away the key." My dad says changing the whole mood in the room as he turns his attention to Beast,"Right, Beast?" He says as my dad and Beast lock eyes for a moment but only for moment. Hades raises his hands up making everyone in the room jump in fear and my dad looks around like we are all crazy,

"Yeah.I'm gonna need to use my hands." Everyone including myself turn to Ben for his answer as the King, and Ben inclines his head giving the guards the okay. The guards slowly unlock the cuffs from his wrist as My dad and I don't break eye contact, once the cuffs are off Hades holds out his hand to me and I slowly place the ember in his hand wondering if I can really trust my dad after all these years. Hades clutches the ember in his hand and closes his eyes as his hair turns into blue flames, "Haven't lost my touch." He says opening his eyes and I can tell that all his powers have returned to him as he smiles an evil smile at me.

My dad and Beast lock eyes again and this time they both start growling at each other which makes me wonder what kind of history is between the two of them. "Dad."I say breaking up the stare down as Hades turns to me and lightly shrugs his shoulders before moving past Beast and over to Harry. Hades waves the ember around as the whole room turns blue and I can feel the magic in the room as my dad keeps waving the ember around Harry. Second after he is done with his spell Harry's eyes shoot open and he quickly sits up in bed gasping for air.

"Harry."I say walking over to him and hugging him but I am careful not to touch his abdomen just in case it still hurts. Everyone looks at my dad like he is miracle worker as he tosses the ember up in the air and catches like it was nothing to him. "What happened?" Harry asked looking around the room at everyone, "You got stabbed with a special dagger Harry, you almost died." I say pulling out of my hug with him, "It's over now." Ben says looking over at my dad who just scoffs at him, "I'm sorry." Mal says and I know that she is talking to me about sending my dad back to the Isle,

"We can't let someone like Hades loose, it is too dangerous." I just look at her wondering when she went from wanting what was best for the isle to fearing those who live on the isle. "We need to protect the people of Auradon." I just scoff at her as I look at my dad who smiles knowing that when it comes to him and my mom I tend to take after my dad more than my mom. "You don't need to say sorry to me Mal, you should be saying sorry to the people of the isle that you and everyone else in this room have treated like second rate citizens for far too long." Ben steps up behind Mal giving me that look that I know all too well,

"We are the King and Queen, and we know what is best for everyone that resides in the kingdoms." I just simply nod my head knowing that Ben is right and at the end of the day the King and Queen are going to do whatever they believe in their hearts is best. "Perhaps the Queen of Auradon could also be the Queen of the isle." My mom says speaking up for first time and I see her and my dad lock eyes but only for a moment. My mom bows to Mal as a show of respect to her and her authority. 

Beast signals the guards to get my dad, "Oh, yeah." He scoffs as the guard's swarm him and start escorting him out of the room, I look over at Harry before getting off the bed and walking into the hallway to catch up with the guards."Dad!" I say as Hades turns around but the guard's make sure that he doesn't go too far, "I'm gonna have to miss you all over again." I say as I feel my eyes starting to tear up." He smiles at me as he looks around the hallway, "Thanks for a glimpse of the sun." For the first time in my life my dad actually smiles a genuine smile of love and happiness at me.

I walk to him and wrap my arms around him giving him the biggest hug I can before I pull out of the hug and place a soft kiss on his cheek, "I love you daddy." I whisper into his ear as I pull away from him and wipe the tears away from my eyes, "I love you too Heidi." He smiles at me one more time before turning around and as I look down I see the ember is still in his hands, he slowly inches it towards me as I take it from him before the guards could notice, I look down at the ember then back at him just before he vanishes out of sight he turns to look at me giving me a little wink. 

"That's my dad." I say letting out a little laugh as I clutch the ember in my hand and let out a tiny whimper as I now realize that I actually have a father in my life, and he is one that I can be proud of and not one that I should fear anymore.