Chapter 34: Doppelganger Face Off

Heidi's POV

I launch a fireball at her from one of my batons, but Hayden manages to block using magic. Hayden laughs as she looks at her nails, "I thought my other half would give me a challenge,but like I always said, you are weaker than me." Hayden sends a blast of magic my way and I side flip just in time to avoid the blast, "And I thought my darker half would be more powerful." I smile winking at Hayden who snarls in anger as she sends another blast of magic at me. I rise my batons up and the batons not only block the blast but absorbs it, "Looks like Ben's gift is really paying off." I say smiling at the two batons in my hand, and I fuse them together to make my staff. 

I run towards her dodging and using my staff to deflect blasts after blast of magic. Right as I am about to hit her Morris steps in front of her shielding her from me. I stop in my tracks as Hayden laughs and I let out a growl staring into the eyes of Morris, "Looks like the power of water has stopped the power of fire in her tracks." I sigh knowing that with Morris's ability of water that anything I do is useless, I turn my head to see Uma and Clay running towards us and they both skid to a stop seeing what is going on in front of them. "Whoa."They say as they both look at me then to Morris and Hayden. 

I look down at the ember trying once again to get it to ignite but I can only get it flicker a little bit, "You got the ember wet, the ember is useless now." Hayden says as she laughs and I know that I am in serious trouble now. "She doesn't stand a chance without the ember." Uma says in a panic voice to Clay who looks like he is struggling with being a villain and thinking about doing the right thing. 

"You are just as pathetic now as you were when you were little." Hayden grunts as she hits me with magic sending me to the sliding across the ground. "Come on."Uma says as her and Clay rush over to me, "I am going to take every ounce of magic out of you." Hayden laughs as she taps Morris on his shoulder and he moves out of her way. Uma and Clay come over to me as Uma kneels beside me and takes out her shell necklace, "We're stronger together. We're stronger together! I'm right here, Heidi." I smile up at her as I take her hand in mine and she helps me to my feet, "Regain your might and ignite." Uma chants and I hear Hayden let out another laugh,

"I'm right here, girl, I'm right here." I nod my head at her feeling the ember to start working again, "Regain your might and ignite!" Uma chants again and I look down at the ember and I feel some kind of magic plus through my body, and a second later the ember reawakens at full strength again.

"Yes!"Clay shouts as he and Uma celebrate. I turn my attention back to Hayden and Morris. "You want a piece of this, huh?" Hayden taunts as I start making my way over to her. Before I can make it to Hayden Morris once again steps in my way,"I have had enough of you." I say walking up to Morris and flipping my hair at him. My hair again becomes flames and hits Morris is his face blinding him just long enough for Harry to tackle him to the ground. "Guess it is just you and me." I say as Hayden rolls her eyes, "May the best woman win." Hayden laughs as she sends a blast of her magic my way. I raise the ember just in time as the magic in the ember collides with Hayden's magic as a struggle for power starts. 

"Go Heidi!" Yells Harry as he struggles to keep Morris out of the battle. "Go, Heidi!" Clay cheers and I can't believe that Clay of people is cheering for me, "You got this! You got his, girl!" Cheers Uma as Hayden and I keep battling and I see Hayden starting to get a little weak. "Hayden, you can stop all of this before one of us gets seriously hurt!" I yell but Hayden just stares at me and I know by the look in her eye that she would rather die than admit defect. I close my eyes and summon all my inner Hades and when I open my eyes and with one final blast from the ember Hayden's magic is deflected and Hayden herself is blasted back.

"YEAH!COME ON!" Clay yells at the top of his lungs as he jumps around, "Yes!" Uma laughs as she and Clay share a long and somewhat kind of romantic hug. I take a deep breath before I am engulfed by Harry who warps his arms around me spinning me around giving me the biggest hug. "I knew ya could do it love." He says placing a passionate kiss on my lips and it is a kiss that I return.

Harry suddenly lets out a large gasp and he falls to his knees, I catch him and it is now that I see Morris standing behind him and a knife sticking out of Harry's side, "IF I LOSE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, THEN YOU LOSE YOURS!" Morris roars as I pull the knife out and he starts gasping for air, "Stay with me Hooky, you are going to be okay." I say my voice cracking as my eyes fill up with tears.Harry's eyes close and his body goes limp, "Harry?" I ask running my hand down his cheek trying to get him to wake up. "He is going to die, that dagger I stabbed him with, it's blade was dipped into the river of souls." 

Morris hisses at me before picking up Hayden and walking away. I place the ember under his mouth to see that he is not responding. "No!" I yell as the warning my dad told me rings throughout my mind, 'You're only half Hades. The ember won't do everything for you that it does for me.