Chapter 8: The L Words

Hayden's POV

Morris: You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide. I know you want me. So don't keep saying our hands are tied. You claim it's not in the cards. Fate is pulling you miles away. And out of reach from me. But you're here in my heart. So who can stop me if I decide. That you're my destiny? What if we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine. Nothing could keep us apart. You'd be the one I was meant to find. It's up to you, and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be. So why don't we rewrite the stars? Maybe the world could be ours. Tonight.

 Hayden: You think it's easy. You think I don't want to run to you. But there are mountains. And there are doors that we can't walk through. I know you're wondering why. Because we're able to be. Just you and me. Within these walls. But when we go outside. You're going to wake up and see that it was hopeless after all. No one can rewrite the stars. How can you say you'll be mine? Everything keeps us apart. And I'm not the one you were meant to find. It's not up to you. It's not up to me. When everyone tells us what we can be. How can we rewrite the stars? Say that the world can be ours. Tonight.

 Morris and Hayden: All I want is to fly with you. {Morris starts running until he slides across the slick floor and up to me as he looks into my eyes with more intense passion then I have seen in man before.} All I want is to fall with you. {Morris grips my hips as he pulls himself up and pulls me to his chest.}So just give me all of you. {Dipping me forward and looking into each other eyes.} It feels impossible (it's not impossible) {His fingers tighten on my rib cage.} Is it impossible? {He pulls my hips closer to him.} Say that it's possible. {He leans forward slowly until we are inches apart.} How do we rewrite the stars? {Threatening to brush his lips against mine.} Say you were made to be mine? {At the last second, he pulls away teasing me.} Nothing can keep us apart. {He looked to the left, and then to right.} 'Cause you are the one I was meant to find. {I mimicked him turning my head opposite. To right, then to the left.} It's up to you. {I push him away knowing that we can never be a real couple and more to the point that Morris is terrible for me, yet he is my best friend and I feel like he is my soulmate.} And it's up to me. {He holds my left hand with his right.} No one can say what we get to be. {Catching me in his arms and spins me out and away from him.} And why don't we rewrite the stars? {He reels me back into him.} Changing the world to be ours. {We both look at each other with the same look on our faces silently telling each other that we both are unable to give on the other without a fight.} 

Hayden: You know I want you. {I fall into him softly.} It's not a secret I try to hide. {His strong arms wrapping around me tightly, protecting me from everything around us.} But I can't have you. {I duck under his arms untangling myself from his embrace and take a couple of steps back.} We're bound to break and my hands are tied. {We both look at each other knowing that we might really love each other even though love is the biggest rule to never break here on the Isle.}

"I know that the L word is forbidden here on the Isle but I can't help but think that is what I feel for you Hayden." I can't help but think of my past with Morris, he and I were instantly together all the time, we would talk to each other, we were always spending all our time together. I guess you can say that when it came to Morris and me we just caught each other's eyes when we were always around one another. I have heard stories that before I came into Morris's life he was a completely different person, he wouldn't talk to anyone ever, then when I would come around everyone noticed that he would talk to me and want to hang out with me. 

Morris is the kind of guy that mostly keeps to himself, which has always been who he is even until this day. "I know that is what I feel for you but it scares me because we are villains and we aren't supposed to love anything especially someone else." Morris walks up to me and wraps his arms around my waist. "That might have been the old ways but things are changing Hayden, not just for Auradon but for the Isle as well." He brushes his fingers through my hair. "You are the Queen of the Underworld now, you get to make the rules." I lightly brush my fingers along his facial hair which gets him to close his eyes and let out a huge deep breath. "No one would mess us, we would be the most feared couple on the Isle." I let out a small laugh which gets Morris to show a real smile on his face.

"I don't want anyone else in my life besides you." I say speaking from the heart that up till this point I tried my best to ignore but I guess Ben was right love really is the most powerful thing there is, but of course I would never admit that out loud. Morris smiles at me and I smile up at him. "You would have ever thought that I would actually find true love right here on the Isle of the lost." Morris comments as I sigh looking at my throne then back to Morris. "I love you Hayden." Morris says suddenly and for the first time in my life I can honestly say that for the first time in my life I really do feel truly loved by someone.

"I love you too Morris." I say feeling weird saying the three words I swore I would never say but it feels right saying it to Morris. Morris leans down his lips pressing against mine softly, but as I kiss him back the kiss becomes more rougher and more passionate as Morris picks me up bridal style in his arms. "I think we need to break that new crown in." He says pulling out of the kiss. I fix the crown on my head before starting to kiss his neck. "I think you're right." Morris moans softy as he starts walking towards my bedroom with me in his arms.