Chapter 15: Back to the Isle

Heidi's POV

We ride our bikes down an old alleyway and park them right in front of my dad's restaurant. I take off my helmet and shake out my hair as I look around already getting that feeling of déjà vu. "We just to get the ember and get back to Auradon as fast as we can without drawing to much attention to ourselves." Mal says as we all nod our heads as we all walk down the street. After a little stroll around the isle we finally arrive at The Ghost Chain Tavern where I see someone with auburn hair sitting on a barrel outside the tavern. He has on a dark blue leather jacket almost identical to the one Ben wore the last time he as on the isle, a white tank top underneath the jacket, pitch black jeans, a sword on his hip, and dark blue boots on his feet. 

'Well,well, well, look at what has slithered its way over to the wrong side of the Isle, it's fire without the hook." I know that voice and as me and the group get closer I see that it is none other than Prince Hans's son Harrison, "You playing the role of guard dog for Durah now Harrison?" I ask him glaring at him as me and the group walk up to the nicest looking tavern on the whole Isle, "I am a prince, and I do whatever I want." I let out a laugh as I step up to Harrison, "Not without Durah permission I bet." Harrison jumps off his barrel and gets into my face, "Careful Heidi, I might be a gentleman but I can only be pushed so far until I push back." I just roll my eyes as Carlos and Hadie step up on either side of me, "Take your best shot because it will be your last."Hadie grabs Harrison by his jacket and forces him to sit on the barrel while the rest of us head inside. 

The inside of The Ghost Chain Tavern is made of thick stone walls with low beamed ceilings, a carved-out fireplace in the corner near the main part of the bar, a couple of tables with unsteady wooden chairs, and the back of the place is stocked with old bottles of liquor from some different kingdoms in Auradon. "We don't up until 9:19." I hear the sound of an Irish accent say as Durah and her bleach blonde hair comes out from the back. Durah is wearing pearl earrings in her ears, an open grey button up jacket, a black and lace fancy dress top, a gold necklace with her family crest on it, a dark red skirt that just reaches the top of her knees, and knee high heeled boots.

"Never thought I would see you step foot in this place again." I just fake smile as I run my hands along the stone wall. "I just came by because I need my key." Durah just inclines her head and that basically tells me to get what I want then to get out. The group all wander around the place as I go to the fireplace and pull out a loose stone out. "Hidden in plain sight." I say as I look over to see Carlos turns on the TV and Rebekah appears on the TV doing some kind of special report. "Alerts of the sleeping spell keeps coming in as it spreads throughout Auradon." 

I grab the key out of the fireplace and put the stone back, "Uh. Guys. Come looks at this." Carlos as me along with the rest of the group gathers around the TV."There are rumors that the daughter of Hades, Heidi, is behind the spell. We'retrying to discover who is responsible for these vicious lies, and which villain or villains has actually perpetrated this evil." Everyone looks at me and they know that it Hayden is the one behind all of this, we turn our attention back to the TV as Rebekah puts her hand to her ear, "We have an update. It's what?" Rebekah asks as a look for terror flashes across her face, "It's moving this way? It's moving this way." I shut off the TV as I hear the sound of Durah's laughter,"Sounds like you are just a popular in Auradon as you are on the isle Heidi." I turn around as Carlos grabs my hand, "You have the key, and we need to hurry because Hayden is putting all of Auradon in danger." 

I sigh knowing that Carlos is right but I can't help it sometimes when my isle instincts take over, "We will have to finish this some other time." I growl at Durah who just flips her hair over her shoulder and goes back to working. The group and walk outside the tavern to see Hadie standing over a knocked-out Harrison,"Really Hadie?" I ask looking from Harrison then to my brother who just shrugs his shoulders, "He started it." I just roll my eyes as I walk up to him and lightly punch him in his shoulder. "Next time use our brain instead of your muscles." I say as the group and I head off back to our bikes. We return to where they left their bike only we must have forgotten where we were. "Wow!Rookie mistake." Carlos says as he points to a masked man on Jay's bike, Gil is on Carlos's bike, Ginny Gothel is on Mal's bike, Lagan who is the daughter of Flotsam is on Evie's bike, Derelict who is the daughter of Jetsam is on my bike, and Kyle the son of The Horned King is on Hadie bike. "Long time nay see." The masked man says in an Australian Accent as all the villains hurry away on our bikes but the masked man looks me up and down,

"By the way Heidi, Hook has been looking for ya." This shocks me to my core to hear those words and right as I am about to run up to the man to get answers out of him Mal grabs my hand as Carlos, Jay, and Hadie run up to the two bikes left. "Get off my bike, now." Jay says to the masked man who just starts laughing an oddly familiar laugh, "Catch me if you can, Jay." The mask man taunts Jay as he and Gil take off on the bikes, "Over the roof." Jay says and the idea clicks between Jay, Carlos, and my brother. "Cut them off." Hadie says as Jay and Carlos nod their heads, "Yep." Carlos says as Jay, Hadie, Carlos, and Evie all rush off to get the bikes back. I start to walk away to start my search for Harry but Mal once again grabs my hand stopping me, "Hey, hey, hey, hey, not you. They got this. You and I gotta go find the ember." I take a deep sigh as I nod my head, "Good timing. It's right about his nap time." I say as the laughter of the masked man fills my ears as Mal and I walk off to the hidden passageway to the underworld.