Chapter 9: Future of the Isle

Heidi's POV

After everything that went down with Hades Mal and Ben had an important meeting with Beast, Belle, and Fairy Godmother, but finally Mal arrives at Evie's house where Evie and I are filled in on what all happened at the meeting. "Mal, how is the baby? Did the ember hit it?" Mal places her hands on her stomach, "Yeah, but Ben made sure that I was checked out by Aurora and she said that the baby is just fine." I let out a huge breath of relief not wanting to feel guilty that my father was the reason that something happened to the future prince or princess of Auradon."I guess that baby gets its strength from both his parents if it managed to survive a blast from the ember." Something suddenly comes to me and hits me like a brick, "Mal, maybe the ember didn't absorb your magic, maybe it absorb the magic from the baby." Mal and Evie just look at each and incline their heads knowing what I am saying maybe be true. 

"Did you tell anyone that your magic isn't at full strength anymore?" I ask sitting down against the glass door as Evie is sitting in one of her chairs and Mal is standing in front of her. "Auradon doesn't need to know that their queen can't protect them, it would just make matters worse." I nod my head knowing that Auradon is not the best at handling a crisis. "I mean think about it, people are already scared enough as it is, and we have to ploy these new security measures especially since like Heidi said my magic need time to recover." I can see the look of distress on the faces of both Evie and Mal as they try to come up with something that would help the people of Auradon feel safer. "Will they still be able to bring over more VK's?" I look at Mal wondering the same thing myself, "We are talking about closing the barrier for good." Evie and I both look at Mal in complete shock that she would allow anyone to even think that.

."But you said no." Evie says and Mal doesn't answer right away instead she just looks from Evie to me then back to Evie, "Mal? You did tell them that closing the barrier for good would cause a civil war to break out between Auradon and Isle." Mal once again doesn't say anything making wonder where her true loyalty is. "I mean all of us are living the dream here, and we finally get to share that. I mean what could be more important than that?" Evie says and I nod my head agreeing with Evie which is no surprise, "I still have a lot of friends over on that island, and I gave word to them that I would bring them over to Auradon." I see the gears in Mal's head start turning as she tries to think of something, "Yeah, I know, I mean maybe security or maybe peace of mind for everyone in Auradon." Mal says as she sits down in one of the chairs as Evie looks at Mal with a curious look on her face,

"Is that what they are thinking?" Evie asks and I can tell that Mal is starting to get a little flustered with all these questions, "Auradon is already in a panic because of Uma, Quinn and her lackeys, the whole Sienna situation, Chris and his curse that Auradon has fully gotten over yet, Hayden who everyone thinks that was me, and now what happened with Hades." I say knowing that Auradon is slowly turning back into wanting villains to be imprisoned on the isle and forgotten about. "Mal, are they seriously thinking that no one will ever go in or out of the Isle ever again?" Mal just sits there as Evie keeps going passionately about Isle, "I mean we will never get to back and see our parents,and what about these kids? We all promised them that they could go back and visit whenever they wanted." 

Evie stands up and I understand her frustration but I can also see where Auradon is coming from because they just want to make sure that evil stays out of Auradon and all the other kingdoms. "Yeah I know." Mal says in a cold tone of voice as I stand up off the ground and stand next to Evie who takes my hand in one of hers and takes Mal's hand with her other one, "Mal, I am so glade that you the queen, you will be a part of these conversations. You will stand up for the VK's." Evie says as she smiles at Mal, "And I know that you won't let the kids on the isle feel that feeling of being forgotten like we grew up feelings." I say smiling at Mal who smiles back at the two of us, "Thank you for telling me." Evie says giving Mal a hug. "You are already improving the relationship between Auradon and the Isle." I say hugging Mal who hugs me back. We all three pull of the hug as Evie and I both look at Mal with pride in our eyes, "You are going to be the greatest Queen Auradon has ever had." Evie says with a little bit of emotion in her voice while Mal just looks at Evie and I before letting out a little laugh and a huge sigh.

"I would love to stay and keep chatting with you ladies but I really need to get to my dorm room and get ready for Jane's birthday party." I give both Mal and Evie one last hug before walking out the room and into the house. I also remember that today is Harry's birthday and that I am the only one that knows when his true birthday is. "Happy birthday Hooky." I say running my hand over the sliver hook necklace with a heart. Right as I open the door I hear my name being called from the living room, and when I turn around and walk into the living room to see Pearl sitting on the couch.