Chapter 10: River of Souls

Hayden's POV

I am walking around the Underworld wearing an opened leather jacket, a cream-colored blouse with skulls and crosses on it, black fingerless gloves on each one of my hands, black skintight pants, and a pair of black high heels. I still trying to get used to the fact that I am now the Queen of this place when suddenly, the two-annoying pest that work for Hades come running up to me tripping over each other as they roll until they stop at me feet. "Your majesty, your presence has been requested in the room of the five rivers." Say Pain as he gets back to his feet. "Who may I ask requested me?" I say already annoyed with the two of them. "Hades." Panic says in a low tone of voice.

I roll my eyes because Hades has been getting on my nerves since he failed to escape the barrier, "Tell the former ruler of the Underworld that I have other things on my agenda." I snap at them making them jump back a little. I have to start figuring out a new version of my plan since Morris let Heidi escape and knowing Heidi like I do I already know that she has blab the truth about what the two of us to all of Auradon already. "Hades said that it is not really are request but a demand, and one that you should listen to." Pain said and I feel the anger building up inside of me. "HE DARES THINK THAT HE CAN TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! I WILL DROWN HIM IN THE RIVER OF SOULS! OR MAYBE I WILL FORCE HIM TO DRINK FROM THE LETHE RIVER!" I yell at the creatures in front of me.

"He said that if you want Morris unharmed then you will do what he wants." Panic says and this suddenly changes everything inside of me as I quickly rush off pushing Pain and Panic out of my way as I push the large double doors open and step inside the room of the five rivers, "HADES!" I yell stepping further into the room until I see Hades who has his hand around Morris's throat. "I see that you got my message." He says turning his attention from Morris to me, "What is the meaning of this?" I say walking closer to Hades and Morris only to see that Hades is dangling Morris over the river of souls, "I want to make sure that you don't end up like my two-other let down children." I roll my eyes as I am getting kind of sick and tired of Hades comparing me Hadie and especially Heidi. "And we will start by getting rid of this." Hades says turning his attention back to Morris as Morris tries to out of Hades grip but it is no use."Leave him alone Hades, he has nothing to do with this, whatever is going on is between you and I." I take another step closer but as soon as do Hades starts to loosen his grip,

"Falling in love is weak as well as ridiculous, and it is what caused the down fall of the disappointments that are named Hadie and Heidi." I storm up to Hades and the two of us lock eyes, "STOP COMPARING ME TO THOSE TWO IDIOTIC FOOLS! I AM BETTER THAN BOTH OF THEM WHICH IS WHY YOU CROWNED ME QUEEN!" I yell and Hades smiles that wicked smile as we both look at Morris, "All I know is that this boy will be your downfall, you are the Queen of the Underworld now which means that you have no room for in love in your life!" Hades turns to me and lets out a dramatic sigh, "Let's see what you love more." Hades slowly puts Morris back on his feet, "This boy or being truly evil." I look between Morris and Hades wondering what Hades is up too. Out of the blue Hades shoves Morris sending him into the river of souls,

"NO!"I yell as I look down into the river to see Morris getting pulled down by the other souls, "You must make a choice, either tap into the true powers of the Underworld or let him drown, either way you are going to have to pay a very hefty price my dear." Hades hisses in my ear as he points to Morris who seems to be in indescribable pain. "If you are going to save him then just remember this, you might go into the river the person you are now but if you make it out you have my word that everything you are now will be amplified to the max." I turn and looks at Hades, "In other words, I will become you?" Hades smiles a sadistic smile as he slowly nods his head, "You got it." I turn my attention back to the river of souls, and I close my eyes before stepping of the ledge as I splash down into the river of souls.

It feels like time has completely stopped and everything is in slow motion as I try to make my way over to Morris, and with each soul that touches me I feel like they are taking a piece of me with them and it feels like forever but I finally each Morris and I grab his hand and manage to bring him to the surface.Hades pulls Morris out of the river but before I can get out I feel myself getting dragged down by the dead. I struggles the best I can but it is not doing me any good until I feel this overwhelming power come over me, and suddenly the souls let me go and start scurry away from me as I swim back to the surface and pull myself out of the river. 

I cough up some of the water as I turn my attention to Hades and Morris, "IF YOU EVER TRY SOMETHING LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN I WILL MAKE YOU SUFFER WORSE THAN ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF!" I scream at him before punching him in the face sending to the floor. I kneel down next to Morris who eyes are open and his breathing seems to be normal, "Are you alright?" I ask checking him over as he smiles and takes my hand, "You saved my life, which means I am forever indebted to you my beautiful queen." Morris runs his hands through my hair but a look of horror comes over his face and I hurry to my feet and look in mirror to see the changes I didn't notice until now.

My hair that was once dark at the roots then turned into a very light blonde was now blue at the top and the further you go down it turned to green.

 "WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!" I yell as I turn to a laughing Hades who stands back up on his feet, "It is just like I said dear one, you paid the price of saving Morris,and now the river of souls has left its mark on you

. "WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!" I yell as I turn to a laughing Hades who stands back up on his feet, "It is just like I said dear one, you paid the price of saving Morris,and now the river of souls has left its mark on you." Hades eyes shine brightly with evil, "Welcome to ruling the Underworld." Hades sneers in a mocking tone of voice as he leaves the room. I study my reflection in her mirror starting to get used to my new hair, "Hayden, we need to turn our focus on our revenge."Morris says as he stands behind me, "You are 100 percent right babe, and I think it is time for Auradon to pay for their sins." I smile into the mirror running my hand through my hair,

And I have the perfect plan in mind, and once I am done not only will Auradon and every kingdom suffer but so will everyone on my list." I turn around to face Morris, "I think we need to take a trip to Auradon and test out my new powers." Morris kneels in front of me, "My life, heart, and soul are yours now and forever." I smile down at him before placing a kiss on his lips. "Off to the tunnels we go." I say laughing a much eviler laugh then before. I guess what Hades said was true I went into the river of souls one person and I came out a completely different person, and I think I am liking this brand new me a whole lot better than the old version of me.