Chapter 37: Once and For All

Heidi's POV

Later in the day we all got a message saying that there was going to be a party to celebrate the announcement of the future Prince or Princess, and that is why I am now dressed in a short black halter top dress with gold beaded lace on it 

and a pair of black and gold high heel shoes, 

while Harry is also dressed up in his own style

"I hate getting dressed up like this

"I hate getting dressed up like this." Harry grumbles and I just laugh at him and kiss his lips, "You don't hear Henry complaining." I say as I point to my handsome little boy who is in the arms of Paul. I look around to see that everyone in all of Auradon has gathered because we are celebrating the news of Mal being pregnant. "There they are." Evie says with a smile on her face as we all see that the King and Queen have finally arrived.

All of is cheer and bow to them as they wave to us and make around to everyone."Hi." Evie says to Mal as she and Ben walk around greeting all of us before making their way up the stairs to the balcony. "The Queen and wanna thank you for celebrating the news of her pregnancy with us today. I couldn't be prouder or happier to call her my Queen and the future mother of my child." Mal and Ben looks at each with a lot of love in their eyes as Ben raises his cup high into the air, "So, raise your glasses." Ben says as we all raise out glasses, "To the future of Auradon." Ben says and I smile a big smile knowing that the future of Auradon is looking brighter every day. "To the future of Auradon!"Everyone yells at the same time before taking a drink from our cups, "Speech,your Special-ness." Carlos says in a joking tone of voice and where there is comment from Carlos there is always a comment from Jay, "Speech, your fancy one." Jay says as the two of the get all of us to laugh even Mal who as I lookup at her can tell that something isn't right with her,

"There is no future of Auradon." Everyone gasps and the VK's and I look at one another wondering what she is talking about, "Auradon is doomed." Mal says and Harry places his hand on my shoulders as I think what might have gotten into Mal."Mal." Ben says taking her hand as the two of the look into each other's eyes."I can't turn my back on the Isle, Heidi was right about what she said yesterday, and her mom had a great idea." Mal turns to face the crowed of people again, "We made a decision to close the barrier forever. And it was my idea. But it's wrong." Evie and I look at each other with a prideful smile on our faces as we see that Mal has really changed from the girl I knew on the Isle to the amazing Queen of Auradon.

"I've learned that you can't live in fear, because it doesn't actually protect you from anything." Mal chuckles to cover up how emotional she is getting, "You never know where the bad is gonna come from. And you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either." Mal looks towards the Isle before looking back at the crowd, "Without the villains Auradon wouldn't be standing at all,without Hadie Belle would have gotten her heart frozen by Sienna, without the villains that are here now we all would still be stuck under Chris's curse,without Uma and her pirates everyone would still be asleep or worse, and without Heidi and her father Hades Auradon would be gone." I smile up at her and nod my head feeling that maybe Auradon is ready to usher in a new era, one without the barrier. 

"We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from." Mal turns to Ben, "That is why I am taking the advice of Heidi's mom,and I can't be Queen of just Auradon. I have to be the Queen of the isle too."Ben takes Mal hand and I can the prideful smile on his face as he listens to the passionate speech of his wife. "And it's time that we take the barrier down forever." Mal says and I look up Harry with hope filling my eyes. "We can't do that." Beast says which makes me a little sad but then Ben speaks up, "It's up to us, Dad." Ben says looking over at his father for a moment before turning back to Mal.

"I choose to be a King who moves forward. It's time for forgiveness. It's time for new beginnings. The barrier will come down!" Ben declares as we all cheer of happiness knowing that this is what Auradon and the Isle need. "Bring it down,Mal." Ben says looking at Mal with love as everyone in the place starts clapping their hands. Jay, Evie, and Carlos all make their way up the steps and stand with Mal. "The barrier is really coming down." I say as I see Fairy Godmother hand her wand over to Mal,

"To make the world a better place, we all have to do it face to face." All of them chant before Mal unleashes the spell from the wand. The magic hits the barrier and pops it like a bubble and freeing the Isle once and for all. A beautiful bridge appears going from the entrance of Auradon and stopping at the entrance of the Isle. "I can't believe it." I say looking up at Harry who shares the same disbelief look. 

Harry and I both grew up thinking that we would die before we saw the day that barrier would be brought down and Auradon and the isle would be at peace. Everyone starts walking along the bridge towards the isle to greet the residents of the isle with a warm welcome. Mal hands the wands back to Fairy Godmother as the two of them hug.