Chapter 32: This Is Me

Heidi's POV

I find myself laying a hard surface floor and as I sit up and look around I see the world looking like Armageddon has hit and it hit hard, everything from far as I can see is either destroyed, crumbling, or on fire. I dust myself off and notice that I am standing at the starts of the bridge that is between the Isle of the lost and Auradon but the water underneath is the bridge isn't water at all it is fire. "Looks like I made it to hell after all." I say as I take a step on the bridge but I soon hear the sound of a voice that I don't want to hear right now. "I would just turn back right now it I were you." I turn around to see Hayden standing there filing her nails.

My friends need me." I growl at her as she vanishes and then reappears in front of me blocking my path. "Use that smart brain of yours Heidi, I mean you and I did share the same brain which means if I am too scared to cross that bridge then apart of you does too." Hayden sneers at me but the sudden look of fear fills her eyes as I turn around to see my mom walking towards us. "Mom? What are you doing here?" My mom gives me a hug as I see Hayden take a step back. "I thought that you might need me, Heidi you must listen to me when I tell don't listen to her honey, she is just a dark shadow creatures trying to keep from the bridge,but you have a gift that will help you." Mom smiles at me as she lightly touches my throat.

"My voice?" I ask her as she nods her head. "The time has come for you to master your siren voice, and no better time than now." I look from my mom to Hayden but she is gone. "Sing the song that is in your heart sweetie and before you know it you will be with the ones you love." My mom kisses my forehead as I close my eyes. When I open my eyes I see that my mom is gone, I turn back to face the bridge and I take one last deep breath as I start walking the bridge.I walk a few feet before I see my father appear in front of me.

"YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A DISAPPOINTMENT TO ME HEIDI!" He yells at me as he burst into flames. "IT'S PUNISHMENT TIME!" My mind is suddenly flooded with images of being locked into the dark dungeon for weeks with just bread and water to live on. "I AM ASHAMED TO CALL YOU MY DAUGHTER AND I AM EVEN MORE ASHAMED THAT MY GODLY BLOOD RUNS THROUGH YOUR VEINS!" I shake my head trying to get images out of my head but instead they get worse.

I see Hades burning my skin to teach me not disobey him and to listen to him without talking back. "YOU SAID THAT YOU WANTED TO MAKE ME PROUD OF YOU! BUT INSTEAD YOU TURNED YOUR BACK ON YOUR FAMILY FOR PEOPLE THAT WILL DO MUCH WORSE TO YOU THAN I EVER DID!" He starts laughing as I fall to my knees and tears start falling from my eyes, these are memories that I didn't want to remember. I suddenly hear the voice of my mom as she stands at the bridge. "Remember to sing what is in your heart." I look at her unsure if she was telling me the truth of she was meant to mess with my head, but I guess I have nothing to lose.

Heidi: I am not a stranger to the dark. {I see the time he locked me in a room that is basically filled with fire and smoke because I gave home late 3 minutes late.}

Hide away, they say. {The time he told me that I wasn't worthily of being Queen of the Underworld because he didn't think I was evil enough to do what needs to be done.}

'Cause we don't want your broken parts. {When he burst into my room yelling at me for not coming down for dinner and as punishment he touched and killed the rose that Harry gave me that day.}

I've learned to be ashamed of all my scars. {The time he whipped me with a spiked whip for no stealing enough that day.}

Run away, they say. {I see the time he threw me out when I was 7 telling me to learn to live on my own}

No one'll love you as you are. {He told me that I will never find love because no one would want to love someone like me.}

 But I won't let them break me down to dust. {Him locking me in my room until I said I was sorry for helping some little street kids get some food}