Chapter 33: Reborn

Heidi's POV

I fall to the ground coughing up all the smoke I seemed to inhale and as I catch my breath and look around I notice that I am back in Auradon, "Looks like I'm back." I say making it back to my feet and my eyes soon land on Mal, Carlos, Evie, Jay, and Ben who are all still turned into stone, "I can't do this without help." I say knowing that Morris still has the pendent with my stole powers. I suddenly notice that the ember is gone and as I start looking on the ground I find it in the one place that I didn't want to, "No!" I yell carefully picking it up out of a puddle of water,

I yell carefully picking it up out of a puddle of water, "This can't be happening." I say trying to get the ember to ignite again, "Please ignite." I say knowing that the chances of defecting Hayden have almost completely slipped away. I give up trying to get the ember to work as I sit on the forest ground.When I look into the puddle of water I notice that my hair has changed, it is now blue at the top and the further it goes down it turn orange almost like fire,I look down at myself to see that my skin is now tanner then it was, and I am now wearing a black leather sleeveless vest with black leather pants and black combat boots on my feet. 

"How did this happen?" I ask myself out loud as I and the only thing that I can think of is that this has something to do with whatever happened to me when I was crossing the bridge, but that was nothing but a dream, right? I shake my head of thes...

"How did this happen?" I ask myself out loud as I and the only thing that I can think of is that this has something to do with whatever happened to me when I was crossing the bridge, but that was nothing but a dream, right? I shake my head of these thoughts and as I do my hair becomes flame as it swirls around me. I am surprised by this because that is the first time that has ever happened to me before, and what is even stranger is that I am not angry so my hair shouldn't have flamed up like that.

I take a deep breath finally acknowledging that ever since I broke free of the stone spell I have felt different, like I have reborn in a sense, and I feel like this is a new beginning for me. I turn my mind to coming with a plan B since the I have no magic and the ember is wet. "That's it." A sudden Idea comes to my mind as I think about all that happened before I was turned to stone and the visions I saw in the fire before stepping into them. "Uma." I say jumping to my feet and start running out of the forest hoping to catch up with Uma and Clay.

I make my way out of the forest and I start running around the campus trying to find Uma and Clay, and I finally manage to see them as they are walking pass the part of the school. "Uma!" I yell finally catching up to her and Clay, but they don't stop until, "Uma, stop! Please, stop! I need your help." I manage to get in front of them, "What in the seven seas happened to you?" Uma asks as he rand Clay look me up and down, "It is a long-complicated story and I don't have time to explain it right now." 

I say as Uma tries to walk away but I step into her path and put my hands up stopping her, "We have a chance if we do this together." Uma just rolls her eyes before scoffing at me, "Mal made her choice, and if you and her friends were smart you would kick her to the curb before she and the rest of Auradon decide to throw you and everyone else that isn't an original VK back onto the isle." I just stare at her knowing that she is hurt by Mal's choices but so am I, "We good?" She says trying to walk away again but I once again stop her,"Ben saw something in you. And today, Uma, all of us saw it too, and that includes Mal." I can tell by the look on Uma's face that she doesn't what to listen to me,

"I know that you come off as this mean, cruel, vain, and evil girl but Uma that is not all you are." Uma just raises an eyebrow at me, "You are also loyal to your friends and crew members, sensitive about certain things in your life, the most sassy and feisty person I think I have ever met in my life. Above all else Uma,you care, you care about everyone. And Auradon is worth saving." I grab Uma's hand and look at her with begging eyes because Uma is my chance right now,"Help us, please." Clay looks between Uma and I, "You talk pretty Princess, but she's already made up her mind." I look at Clay wondering why he is speaking for Uma suddenly, and I see Uma looks at Clay with an unsure look in her eyes,

"Mal brought this on herself, Heidi. Let the people of Auradon and the heroic VK's figure out how to fix it." Uma lightly hits Clay in the chest getting his attention."Let's go." She says as Clay and her walk off leaving me alone. "How did you break out of my stone spell?" I hear Hayden's acid and venomous tone of voice say as I turn around to see her walking out of the building. "Looks like you are not the only one that got a makeover and a few new tricks." Hayden just glares at me, "You think just because you got a new hair color and a new outfit on that you are any match for a Queen?" She laughs as I just shrug my shoulders and hold up the ember, "I think I can hold my own." Hayden's eyes go wide as she sees the ember, and I hope that she doesn't know that the ember is powerless.

"Give me the ember!" She yells and I clutch the blue rock tightly in my hand, "Never!I think it is time that we end this once and for all" Hayden lets out an evil laugh and I see Morris slowly make his way out of the building but I also see that Morris has Harry and a knife pressed closely to his throat. "Let's see who the better Doppelganger really is."Hayden flips off the steps and lands in a crouched position in front of me. I look at Harry who manages to fight out of Morris's grasp and rips the necklace off of him. "Smash the pendent Harry!" I yell and Harry looks over at me before turning his attention back to the pendent. Harry smiles over at me before launching the pendent high into the air and I catch it in my hand. "If we are going to do this, I think it should be a fair fight." I drop the pendent to the ground and smash it under the combat boot. 

Once the pendent has been destroyed I feel all my powers return to me as I smile down at Hayden who back flips and lands on her upward on her feet. "Let's finish this." I say slowly pulling out my batons.