Chapter 2

He spent his days, dreaming about them. Was this a lie? he thought. Did I mean nothing to you? Did my love mean nothing to you? He was convinced she had written that letter, unwillingly. Everything in that letter screamed lie. It was the total opposite of what she would say, or do. Those things in the letter never mattered to her. So why? Why did she leave him?

She spent her days, dreaming about him too. I'm sorry, she thought. I wish I could explain. Please forgive me.  How could she put on paper what they had done? Would she even be believed? I had no choice she thought. Please forgive me. I still love you. I will always love you, no matter what. They gave me no choice. Our love was beautiful. It was a lovely thing which caught me by surprise, but I never regretted it she thought.  How could I regret it she thought, it gave me you.

Both were miserable without the other, but both put on a brave face for their family. Aaliyah would spend her nights, weeping for him. She thought she was quite, but her family knew her pain. They knew she was miserable without him, despite her saying she was ok, and it was for the best. Aaliyah had never been able to love again, that proved to her family Jameel still resided in her heart, and she still yearned for him. Jameel too, as much as he tried, was unable to get Aaliyah out of his heart and mind. He knew he wouldn't be able to move on without answers, but he also knew Aaliyah had captured his heart and wouldn't let go. She was like a drug he needed.