Chapter 15

Aaliyah had gotten into a routine. She went to the office during the day, and she helped and looked after Jameels mum when she got back. Aaliyah and Jameels mum had explained the situation to Aaliyah's mum. Whilst she didn't like it, she appreciated the fact that Jameels mum was now her boss, and Aaliyah had to do as she was told. Plus Aaliyah's mum knew that Jameels mum had never been bad to her, plus the extra money Aaliyah promised to send home every month, would help with everything. So Aaliyah's mum had left, reluctantly, telling Aaliyah to come home if she ever felt uncomfortable, or for some other reason.

Aaliyah was finding it hard being in the same house as Jameel, but not being able to hold him, touch him, kiss him. She was also aware of Jameels dads gaze on her at all times. He was just waiting for her to mess up. She had all the gifts that Jameel had given her, whilst they were together, and at night would get them out and replay her memories. She knew she was torturing herself, but she couldn't help it. She would silently weep as she remembered their memories.

Jameel was tired. Pretending to love chammi was tiring, especially as the girl he loved was right in front of his eyes. He had tried to talk to her, but she kept making up excuses and running away. Plus, he knew his dad didn't like her. He had made it clear to Jameel that he didn't approve of him dating Aaliyah, early on in the relationship. Jameel didn't know why his dad didn't approve of Aaliyah. Aaliyah had been nice and lovely to him, whenever they met, but his dad didn't approve. Plus, he would always sense how Aaliyah was always nervous around his dad. She was never herself. Jameel vowed to figure out what the tension was.

Jameel and Chammi were out wedding shopping. Chammi had insisted on bringing Aaliyah along. Jameel was tired. Every shop they went to, Chammi could never agree on anything, so they would leave empty handed. "Ok Chammi,enough is enough. Why bother coming if you don't like anything?" They went into a shop. "Buy something from here, or I'll swear I'll explode." Chammi turned to Aaliyah. "Aaliyah, what would you buy?" Aaliyah was stunned. "Me?" "Yes, imagine it's your wedding, and your wedding shopping, what would you buy?" Aaliyah and Jameel just stared at each other. They discussed this so many times between them, as they both knew they wanted to marry each other. "If I'm ever lucky enough to find my Prince Charming, I want a small, intimate wedding, with family and closest friends." Jameel closed his eyes. Aaliyah's words were piercing his soul.