Chapter 5

Chammi had left the company. Aaliyah was glad. There was something about her, that Aaliyah didn't trust. It was as if she ruined people's lives for her own selfish needs, and didn't see the problem with it. Aaliyah hoped the two lovers she had seperated, would realise what happened and reunite. If not her, someone should get their happy ending. Aaliyah still thought about Jameel, all the time. His memories kept her warm at night. She would smile and remember how his warm body warmed her up in bed. How he could act like a kid sometimes, just to make her laugh and not be angry at him. Aaliyah knew she was just torturing herself. He would probably never be hers again, but she could live through the memories.

Aaliyah was at work, when her boss summoned her to his office. Aaliyah nervously went. "Yes sir? Have I done something wrong?" "No Miss Aaliyah. Your one of our hardest working employees." "Then what's wrong sir?" "Who said anything about anything being wrong?" "Then why did you call me in here?" "Aaliyah, one of our other offices is in trouble. I'm sending you to help run it. I'm confident you can get it up and running again. I've called the staff. They're expecting you. They've been told to listen to you and not give you any trouble." "Thanks sir, I will do my best." Aaliyahs boss handed her the file, and she left.

Aaliyah went home and started packing. "Mum, I have been transferred for a while, to help a struggling office get back on its feet. Will you come with me?" "Of course. Can't let you be alone in a new town. Where are we going?" "The details are all in that file." Aaliyah's mum read the file. "Aaliyah" she called. "Hmmmmmm?" "Have you read where we are going?" "No, I haven't had time." "Here. Have a look. It's very urgent." Aaliyahs mum handed Aaliyah the file. Aaliyah read it, and dropped the file. Aaliyah wept, as her mum hugged her. "No mum, it's not fair. I broke my relationship with that town, after what happened. I can't go back." 

Aaliyah told her boss the next day, that she couldn't go. "Why ever not?" "Something personal sir." "Miss Aaliyah you are under contract, therefore you are legally obliged to do what the job requires. Now, if you don't want to do the job, you may quit, and we'll get someone else." "No sir, I need this job. Ok, I'll go." Aaliyah left the office and headed towards the train station. Her mum met her there, and off they went. Watch out Jameel, your Aaliyah is coming home