Chapter 7

Aaliyah woke up, feeling like all her bones were broken. She remembered getting hit by something. The passenger door opened, and chammi ran out.

"Oh my god, uncle we've hit someone."

The older man ran up to Aaliyah and checked her over. "She's hurt, but nothing to badly. She should be ok by morning." Chammi suddenly saw her face. "Aaliyah." "Do you know her?" "She's my friend. Uncle, this was our fault. She's not hurt badly, so she should be fine. She can spend the night recovering here."

"No, I'll be fine. Mum......" said Aaliyah before collapsing. Aaliyah collapsed into the old mans arms, who carried her inside. "Chammi, where have you been, and whose this?" asked Jameel dad. "She's my work friend. She came for my engagement. But we accidentally hit her with our car. So, she needs to rest here tonight." "Why didn't you take her to the hospital?" "Because she came all this way to see me, and it's our fault. Plus, it's nothing too serious thank god. Otherwise we'd be sued. This way if it goes to court, the fact we looked after her will work in our favour."

Jameel stood there listening. He was still thinking about his phone call. Was it really her? Could she be back? When the old man carrying Aaliyah walked past, her dress got caught in Jameels sleeve. "Oh" said Jameel. This had only happened once before. "Who is she?" asked Jameel. "Just a work friend" replied Chammi.

Jameel felt something as they walked past. Before he knew what he was doing, he ran in front of them. "I think i might know who she is" he said, after getting questioning looks from Chammi and the old man. He slowly pushed back her hair, and froze. No, it can't be he thought. "Aaliyah" he whispered. He took a step back, and stumbled. "Well, do you know her?" "No. I thought I did but no." Jameel watched as they walked away, and into a spare room. He was too surprised to say anything. Why are you here Aaliyah? he thought. Are you here to play with my heart and life again? I won't be so easily trapped in your web again.