Chapter 29

Aaliyah lay on her bed, staring at the wall. What was she supposed to do? Jameel had found her, tracked her down and knew everything. He had come with the hope of taking her back with him. Aaliyah wanted to go, but she feared for her family. Jameels dad and relatives were crazy. They'd never accept Aaliyah as one of them, and who knows what they'd do to her loved ones? They knew her family was her weakness. Plus, she couldn't live in a house where everyone apart from Jameel and his mum hated her. Her own house was the complete opposite. Everyone loved each other, and the atmosphere was one of love, calm, peace.

Aaliyah's mum entered the room, and sat down next to her. "What a mess eh Aaliyah?" Aaliyah didn't respond, just kept staring at the wall. "I'm not going to tell you what to do, or how you should be reacting, or who to choose, but just remember downstairs is a guy who truly loves you. Who would move heaven and earth for you. He's moved mountains just to get to you." "Mum, you don't have to tell me how great Jameel is. I know. That's one of the reasons I fell in love with him in the first place. And I also know how much he loves me. So you don't have to tell me."

Aaliyah looked at her mum. "I don't know what to do mum. On the one hand is Jameel. The guy I love and adore and was cruelty snatched from. But on the other hand is my family. I love Jameel and my family equally. But the last time I was with Jameel, his dad threatened to hurt my family. I can't let anything happen to my family. Because then it'd be my fault, and I couldn't live with myself knowing that. So you can see my dilemma."

Aaliyah's mum looked at her. "Only you know what's best for you. Would you be able to live without him, knowing how much he means to you?"

"But if I went with him, and something happened to you lot because of me, how could I live with myself then?"

"It's up to you, but as you're mum, I'd say follow your heart. You've sacrificed a lot for this family. I just want you to be happy and i know how happy he makes you. Put yourself first for a change."

"But his dad?"

"Are you going to let him rule your life? Not being with your love, because you're afraid of him, and what he might do?"

"No, I'm scared of what he might do to you lot."

"You can't live your life in fear. Aaliyah, be brave and go get your man. I know how much it hurts you when you're apart. I hear you crying yourself to sleep every night, because of it. As a mum, what do you think I go through, when I hear that? Do you know how much it hurts me, knowing you're in this much pain and I can't do anything to stop it?"

Aaliyah's mum left her and went downstairs. Aaliyah lay there thinking. Finally, she went downstairs.