Chapter 20

Jameel was worried. He couldn't find Aaliyah anymore. Where was she? He quickly ran to the reception desk, and asked about her. He was told Aaliyah had left, with her family. Jameel knew her family were keeping her away from him. But why? What had he done? All he had done was love her. But apparently that wasn't enough to her family. That's why they were hiding her from him. Jameel knew he had to find her. He needed answers. He was left with more questions. Why was she crying yesterday? What did she mean? Who had stolen who from her? He needed to know. Being apart from her was killing him. He needed to know why.

Jameel ran home. Suddenly, Aaliyah's mum burst in. She went straight for Jameels dad. Jameel had to restrain her.

"Are you happy now? You ruined her life before, wasn't that enough? That you had to hurt her too? God knows what you lot have been doing to my girl. But she stupidly decided to stay here, because she loves him so much. Why are you so intent on ruining her life? What did she ever do to you?"

Jameel was stunned. Did his dad do this? What did he do to Aaliyah? Suddenly, Aaliyah burst in.

"Leave him mum, he's not worth it. Luckily I wasn't hurt seriously. Remember what he did last time? At least this time, it wasn't that bad."

Aaliyah hobbled over to her mum on crutches and led her away. "Are you happy now? You've won. We are leaving," she told Jameels dad. Aaliyah was hobbling away, when Jameels mum stepped in front of her. "What did my husband do?" Aaliyah said nothing. Jameels mum grabbed Aaliyah's hand, and put it on Jameels head. "Swear on Jameels life he did nothing." Aaliyah grabbed her hand away, and looked away. Aaliyah looked at Jameel and looked away. "I'll tell you everything" said Aaliyah's mum. Aaliyah grabbed her mum and shook her head. "No Aaliyah, Jameel needs to hear what his so called dad did, and ruined both your lives." "Mum please, you know what will happen otherwise. Please leave it. I'm fine. And I'm living happily without him, so why rake up the past?" "Your not happily living. Your barely surviving. You put on a brave face for everyone, but I'm your mum. I can see the reality. And I'm sure Jameels mum can say the same for him."

"No mum, look at Jameel. He's happy without me. He's got another girl in her life. He doesn't need me anymore."