Chapter 23

"No wonder Aaliyah was always nervous around you, when she came."

Jameel looked at his mum. "I let her down mum. I promised to look after her and protect her. But little did I know the biggest threat was in my own house."  Jameels mum put her arms around him. "You didn't let her down. How were you supposed to know that the biggest threat was from in your own house? Your dad?" Jameel stared at his dad. "Did you have anything to with Aaliyah's injuries?" Jameels dad looked at the floor. "Oh my god dad! What the hell? Isn't what you did bad enough? How much more pain can you cause Aaliyah? What did you do?" "I was worried she was getting too close to you, so I sent her a little message." "By breaking her leg?" "I didn't mean to break it." "Oh, so that makes everything better, because you didn't mean to?" Jameel started packing his stuff.

"I can't even look at you, right now."

Jameels mum ran to him. "Where do you think your going?" "I don't know mum, but I can't stay in the same house as the same man, who seperated me and Aaliyah, on purpose for himself, not caring what it would do to me and her. Also, what he did to Aaliyah. Breaking her leg, hurting her ribs, who else knows what he did to her, that she kept quite about? Also, I can't stay here anymore. I feel like I can't breathe." Jameel turned to his mum. "I'm going to go to my Aaliyah. Please pray for me that she forgives me and takes me back. You know you're son can't survive without her."

"This mother's prayers are always with her son. Go, find your Aaliyah, and bring her back. I'll look forward to the day, you return home with my daughter in law." Jameel hugged his mum and left. He turned to his dad, before leaving and said "one more thing dad. It was our strong love that brought us back into each other's lives. God knew our story wasn't finished and that our love was strong. He aligned our paths. Call it fate, destiny, or your bad luck."

Jameel turned to go, when he saw Chammi. She tried to talk to him, but he just brushed her off and walked past. "Jameel, talk to me." "And say what Chammi? You knew perfectly well how much Aaliyah and I loved each other, yet you worked with my dad to seperate us. Why Chammi? I thought you were my friend." "I just did it to get you." "And what did your get? Am I yours? No. I hate you! I thought we were friends, but you ruined that. I'm Aaliyah's and only Aaliyah's."