Chapter 10

"Where is she? What happened to my daughter? What have you done to her?" screamed Aaliyah's mum, as she came rushing into the house

Jameel had to hold her back, as she went for his dad. "Isn't it bad enough that you ruined her life the first time? What happened to her? What did you do?"

"She's ok auntie. She's just resting" said Chammi 

Aaliyah's mum ran to her room. She saw Aaliyah sleeping peacefully. Aaliyah's mum kissed her forehead. "What happened Aaliyah? What have they done this time? Aaliyah woke up, looked around her room and saw her mum. "Hi" she whispered. "Aaliyah, what happened?" "Mum, please take me home. I can't be in this house anymore. Too much bad stuff." "What happened to you? Why didn't you come home? Who's Chammi? Who ran you over?" "I was coming home mum. I just had to drop off a file. Trust my bad luck that I had to drop off the file here. To his house."

Aaliyah's mum held her hand, as she hobbled off the bed, and they made their way to the door. Aaliyah hobbled her way to the front door. Aaliyah felt like something inside her was dying, as she slowly left. She couldn't turn around as leaving him again, killed her. Aaliyah and her mum arrived home. Aaliyah sat on the couch and wept. Aaliyah's mum held her, as she wept her heart out.

"Mum, it was chammi."

"What?"

"Chammis the one who broke us up."

"Why?"

"Because she wanted Jameel. She along with them destroyed me. Why mum? What did I ever do to them? I only fell in love. Is that so bad?"

Aaliyah went to her room and destroyed everything. "Jameel" she yelled.

Jameel sat in his room. He couldn't believe he lost her again. Not knowing was the worst bit. He had thought their love was strong. He thought nothing could break them up. Then what had happened? What had destroyed their love? Something about what Aaliyah's mum had said to his dad confused him. "Isn't it bad enough that you ruined her life the first time?" Jameel was confused. What had she meant by that? How had his dad ruined Aaliyah's life?

"Dad, what did you do?"

"What?"

"Aaliyah's mum said you ruined her life. What did you do?"

"I did nothing."

"Then why'd she accuse you?"

"Jameel, stay in your limits. Aaliyah left you, because she was selfish. And now you're accusing me, because her mum said it was me. I can't believe your believing someone else over me. I'm your dad. Why would I want to destroy your happiness?"

Jameel hugged his dad. "I'm sorry. I overreacted. I know you wouldn't do anything like that."

Jameel went to his room, and Jameels dad breathed a sigh of relief. His son was so easy to fool. He hated doing it, but he needed to do it, to avoid suspicion on himself.