Chapter 6

Aaliyah got off the train, and looked around. Even after all this time, everything looked the same. Memories came flooding back, and hit her like a ton of bricks. Her mum noticed this. "Don't worry, we're in a different part of town. You probably won't even meet him." Aaliyah smiled and hoped that was the case. How would she or he react if they came face to face?

Aaliyah got ready and went to the office. The place was a mess. No wonder the office was failing. Aaliyah got to work  on sorting the office out, and told everyone their duties. She was kept busy for the rest of the day, and didn't once think about her past. But when she got back to the house the company had brought her and her mum, everything came back. All the memories of her and Jameel, the good times, the bad times and what they had made her do. 

Aaliyah went to bed exhausted. The day at the office had taken it out of her. That office was in bad shape. She would have to work extra hard to get it back on track. She smiled as she remembered how Jameel would hate it when she brought work home, how he would always complain she was never giving him enough time.  Then they would have make up sex. Aaliyah smiled at the memories. He was like a big baby sometimes.

Aaliyah was at the office when her office phone went. "Aaliyah" she answered, but there was no reply. Aaliyah knew the other person was still there, she could hear he or she breathing."If your going to ring me, at least talk." There was silence. "Fine, then I'm hanging up." Aaliyah hung up. This world has some crazy people she thought.

Jameel hung up. It couldn't be, could it? What was she doing back here? More importantly why was she in Chammis office? Chammi had given him this number as her private work number. So why was Aaliyah answering? 

It was night time and Aaliyah had to deliver a file to chammi, before she went home. Aaliyah went to the address she had been given. "Please god no," Aaliyah said to herself, "so Chammi we were who you broke up, just so you could have Jameel. I hope you're happy now, and not ruining anyone else's lives." Aaliyah put the file through the letterbox and turned to leave, when she got hit by a car.