Chapter 16

Whilst Chammi was busy having tantrums over clothes, Aaliyah went into some other shops to buy herself some things. She realised she didn't have have enough money for everything, so left some stuff behind and went and found Chammi. As usual Chammi was having tantrums, so Aaliyah went and sat in a food court, awaiting her food. Some guy approached Aaliyah and started talking to her. Aaliyah didn't want to appear rude, so politely said hello.  Aaliyah was trying to get him to leave, but he wouldn't listen. Aaliyah got up and moved, but he followed her there. He wouldn't leave her alone. Aaliyah was getting scared now. He wasn't leaving her alone.  Aaliyah slapped him and ran away. She didn't know where she was running too, so just kept running.

She bumped straight into someone and hugged them, weeping to help her. Aaliyah's arm was grabbed and she was moved behind the person.  Aaliyah closed her eyes and clung to the person, as she heard shouting and screaming. Finally, the person turned around and told her it was ok. Aaliyah wept and hugged them. She felt comfortable in their arms. She looked up and stared into Jameels eyes, eyes that were full of love for her. Aaliyah suddenly turned away, but Jameel grabbed her arm. He pulled her to him, and hugged her tightly. Aaliyah tried to make him let go, but he was hugging her like he never wanted to let go. Aaliyah didn't want to let go either, but she had to keep up the act, so she pushed him away. Jameel looked hurt, but Aaliyah ran away. Aaliyah ran, while weeping, straight into Chammi. Chammi took her to Jameel.

"What's wrong with her? She was crying when I found her."

Jameel looked at Aaliyah. The hurt was visible in his face too. Chammi decided they should go home and come back another day, due to Aaliyah not feeling well. On the way home, Jameel kept looking in the mirror, to check on Aaliyah. Aaliyah kept her eyes closed on the way home. Aaliyah ran out of the car, and straight into her room. She lay on the bed and silently wept her heart out.  Jameels mum came into the room, and Aaliyah put her game face on. 

"These are for you. I found them on the table outside."

Aaliyah was confused. Who'd get her gifts? Aaliyah took them, and unwrapped the parcel. She gasped. These were the items she couldn't afford in the mall. Who would give them to her? The only two with her were Chammi and Jameel.