Chapter 18

Aaliyah was stirring in her sleep. She was having a nightmare, but couldn't wake up. "Jameel" she shouted, as she woke. She looked over at the other side of the room. Jameels mum was fast asleep.  Aaliyah slipped out of bed, and went into the kitchen. She poured herself a glass of water, and dropped it when she saw Jameels dad in front of her. She tried to run past, but Jameels dad grabbed her arm. "Your getting a bit too close to my son. Need I remind you of what I will do if that happens?" He then threw Aaliyah across the floor, like she was nothing, and walked away.

Aaliyah winced in pain. She was sure her ribs were bruised, but most importantly she couldn't stand up. He had broken her leg. Aaliyah wept with pain. Jameel, just for you and your love, see what I'm enduring she thought. The kitchen light went on and someone ran towards Aaliyah.

"Aaliyah, are you ok?" asked a very worried Jameel 

Aaliyah could do nothing, but weep.

"Oh my darling, what's happened to you?"

Aaliyah wept in Jameel lap, as he cradled her. Jameel picked her up and took her to the hospital. Aaliyah was seen straight away. The doctors told Jameel that Aaliyah's leg was broken, and that they needed to operate.

"Do it. Operate. Don't worry about money. I'll give as much as you need."

Jameel was asked to sign some forms to authorise the operation. "I'm her husband. I give you full permission." Aaliyah was taken into theatre. All Jameel could do was wait. He sat down and thought. What happened to us? We were a young couple in love, how'd it all go so wrong? He remembered his moments with Aaliyah and smiled. She had made him so happy. Why did you leave me Aaliyah? I thought we were happy and going to spend the rest of our lives together he thought. What happened? Where'd all that love go? Jameel needed answers, but Aaliyah wouldn't say anything.

Aaliyah was wheeled into a room. Jameel soon followed. The doctors told him that Aaliyah was under some heavy medication and was slipping in and out of consciousness. Jameel sat by her bed and slowly kissed her hand. Aaliyah looked at him and smiled. Jameel kissed her forehead.

"Are you ok? I got worried there for a second. I thought I lost you."

"Jameel, it's a broken leg. It's not like I was dying."

"But Aaliyah, you know when something happens to you, I always fear the worst."

"I'm fine. Nothing can happen to me, as long as you're with me. Your love is my shield."

Jameel kissed her fingers. "But Aaliyah, our love was so strong, so what happened? Why did you leave me?"

Aaliyah realised she was about to lose consciousness. "I love you" she quickly said, before becoming unconscious. Jameel looked at her sleeping. She had just said she loved him, so why leave him? One way or another he had to solve this mystery