Chapter 12

Can I really do this thought Aaliyah? Can I really watch my Jameel become  someone else's in front of my eyes? Aaliyah went home and wept. Her mum consoled her, but it was no good, Aaliyah wouldn't stop crying. "look Aaliyah,  why don't you just confess to Jameel how much you love him?" "I can't mum, you know what they will do." "So your just going to sacrifice your love like that?" "For my loved ones, I can sacrifice anything, and mum I don't understand why you're saying this. You know what will happen. Do you want something to happen to everyone?" "No, I don't. But it kills me seeing you like this, knowing I can solve everything but I can't because of certain things." "I'll be ok mum." "Sure?" "I have to be to keep everyone safe." Aaliyah went to bed and Aaliyah's mum prayed to God to help her daughter.

The next day in the office, Aaliyah couldn't concentrate. In just a few hours, her Jameel was going to be someone else's. Aaliyah wept at this thought. We were just two people in love, was that so bad? she thought. Jameel, why are you doing this to me? I'll die without you. At least don't invite me, to see you becoming someone else's. Don't be that cruel to your Aaliyah.

Jameel was getting ready. He sighed. Everyone told him it was for the best, and to move on from that lying, cheating, girl who just used him for his money and left him. But Jameel felt wrong doing this. He didn't love Chammi and knew he would be ruining both their lives. His heart was still with that lying, cheating girl. His Aaliyah. He had tried to delete her from his heart but to no use. She was like a magnet. His heart was drawn to her. She had a hold on his heart, that he couldn't remove, even if he wanted to. His mobile rang. He knew it was her, from his personalised ringtone for her. He put the phone to his ear, but no answer

"If you didn't want to talk to me, why bother calling?"

He heard Aaliyah weeping softly. "I'm just calling to wish you congratulations on your engagement. Hopefully, Chammi will give you the love I couldn't."

"Yes, I'm very happy. Chammi loves me a lot. I'm sure we'll be very happy."

"Good, that's all I want. For you to be happy."

Aaliyah put the phone down and silently wept. Unbeknown to her, Jameel was doing the exact same thing. He had heard the pain in Aaliyah's voice. Why are you doing this to me Aaliyah he thought?