Chapter 17

Aaliyah was in her room. She was looking at the gifts. She had a feeling where they were from. Chammi wouldn't buy her gifts. Chammi and Aaliyah were getting on better, but Aaliyah still kept her at arms length. Aaliyah ran up to Jameels room, and put the gifts on his bed. She tried to leave, as memories kept flooding her, but her feet wouldn't move. She saw a picture of Jameel and ran her hands over it. I'm sorry she thought. Aaliyah ran out of the room and straight into Jameel. Jameel had just got out of the shower and was dripping wet. Aaliyah looked away. She remembered that toned chest with a six pack very well. She remembered when she had run her hands over it, and she had even kissed it a few times.

Aaliyah ran downstairs before she did something she regretted. She went to her room and tried to lose herself in her work. Nothing was working. Jameels mum came in and asked her to get something from the attic. Aaliyah ran to do it.  She couldn't quite reach, so Jameel helped her. Aaliyah went into the attic. It was really dark in there. Aaliyah tried to find a light switch, but ended up getting spooked by a loud noise. She turned around and hugged Jameel. Jameel hugged her tightly. This was reminding Aaliyah of old times, as she silently wept. She looked at Jameel as he stared down at her. Aaliyah was just going to give into the sexual tension between them, when she heard Chammi.

"Jameel, what are you doing up here?"

Aaliyah pushed Jameel away. "We're just looking for something for Jameels mum." Chammi joined them. Aaliyah felt really uncomfortable. She quickly looked everywhere but couldn't find it. She ran downstairs and told Jameels mum it wasn't there. Jameels mum took her to their room.

"There was no such thing there."

"But aunty why do this?"

"So you and Jameel could spend some time together."

"Why would you do this? What we had is over."

"No, it's not. You don't believe that. Neither do I or Jameel. It breaks me to see my son this way. He's pining after you. And I know you love him too."

"Aunty, I"

"Don't even bother denying it. I'm not blind like everyone else in this house. I just want to see my son happy again. I don't know what pleasure you take in making him miserable."

Jameels mum angrily left. "No aunty, your wrong. It hurts me very much behaving this way with my Jameel. But what can I do? I'm helpless. They'll hurt my family otherwise." Aaliyah lay on her bed and wept.