Chapter 22

Jameel went into his room and destroyed everything. His parents rushed upstairs to stop him. "Jameel stop" shouted his mum. His dad tried to stop him, but his mum put up her hand. "Haven't you done enough?" she said. "I was just trying to do what was best for my son." "How? By separating him from his love?" "I was just trying to protect him. That girl is no good for Jameel." "In case you've forgotten, Jameel loves that girl. She is Jameels choice. Your his dad. Why ruin everything?"

Jameel suddenly noticed his dad. "Tell me everything. Or I swear to god, I'll move to out, and you'll never see me or hear from me again."  Jameels dad sighed. "I liked Aaliyah at first, but because our family is important and well known, we have certain standards to maintain. I could never allow you to be with someone from a middle class background, like Aaliyah was, no matter how much you loved each other. And Aaliyah did love you. She refused every bribe I offered her to leave you. So I grew desperate." "What did you do? Tell me," Jameel shouted. "I kidnapped her dad and said I was going to kill him, unless she wrote you a note saying she didn't love you and was using you, for your money." "The letter. I knew she didn't write it willingly. The things she wrote were never her. What happened next?" "I made them leave this town, and go somewhere else. Then I arranged for your marriage to Chammi." "Why?" "Chammis family are well known and important too. They move in our circles. Aaliyah could never do that." "Why dad? Why ruin my life?" "Aaliyah could never of coped with our way of life. I wasn't prepared to let someone lower class come in, and humiliate our family."

"So you ruined your sons life in the process and separated  me from the only girl I've ever loved."