Chapter 3

Aaliyah knew she had to move on, but it was difficult. Every bit of her craved Jameel. Her heart yearned for him. She hoped he was ok. Leaving him was the hardest thing she had ever done. But they had given her no choice. Even though it hurt her, it was the only one she could make. She just hoped over time, he could forgive her for leaving him. He would be shocked if he knew.

Aaliyah went to work to try and forget. Her boss had told her a new girl was starting, and Aaliyah had been given the task of showing her around and making sure she was ok. 

"Aaliyah."

"Chammi."

Over time, Aaliyah got to know Chammi and quite liked her. Aaliyah didn't know what it was, but something about chammi was off to her. Every time she was close, something inside Aaliyah screamed to not trust her. Chammi was quite nosy, she wanted to know about Aaliyah's private life.

"I don't tell anyone about my personal life. That topic is off limits."

"Well, I'm not shy. I'm in love with this guy. Then he fell in love with her, and me and his family did something to break them up."

Aaliyah was shocked. This sounded familiar to her story. "Chammi, that's horrible. How can you be proud of that? You ruined two lives."

"But he wouldn't love me otherwise."

"That's really horrible. Have you ever thought that maybe those two really loved each other, and now both lives are ruined, because of your selfish behaviour and your ego? Maybe he still loves her, and will never be yours. That was a really selfish thing to do. I can't be friends with someone who ruins other people's lives deliberately."

Aaliyah ran away, and went back to work. Chammis story had hit a nerve. The same thing had happened to her. She hoped the two people in chammis story would realise what the others had done, and would reunite. It sounded like they really loved each other.