Chapter 33

"Your wife?"

"Yes dad, my wife. I told you I would find my Aaliyah again, and we'd become one. Well now we have. Aaliyah is now your daughter in law."

"Never."

"Well she is, and everyone listen up. Aaliyah is now my wife. The daughter in law of this family. From now on, Aaliyah should be treated the same way as any daughter in law of this family. And get the same respect."

Jameel grabbed Aaliyah's hand and took her upstairs. "This is our room. Our own little world. A home away from home." Aaliyah smiled and nodded."Aaliyah I can't thank you enough for agreeing to be my wife." "Don't be silly Jameel. You don't need to thank me. I married you because I love you. Simple as that." "I know, but after what my dad did. I wouldn't blame you for never letting me in again." Aaliyah stood on tiptoe and kissed Jameel quickly on the lips. "I love you, that's why I married you. No other reason." Jameel smiled, "well that's good because I kind of love you too." "Kind off?" Jameel pulled Aaliyah to him. "I love you a lot, and I am so happy right now."

"Jameel, you do know they're not going to take it easy on us."

"I know and I'm ready."

"No matter what they say or do, please don't leave my side. Stay with me, and we can face any problems they throw at us."

"I won't ever leave you. I didn't go through everything I did, just to leave you at the first hurdle."

"If they tell you anything about me, please come and verify it with me first. I will tell you the truth, no matter how hard it is. A marriage can't be built on lies and secrets."

"I know Aaliyah. I love that about you. How your so committed to relationships."

"It's how my mum brought me up."

"Ok. Now my darling, shall we go downstairs and face the music?"

Aaliyah gripped Jameels hand tightly, as they both went downstairs. To their surprise, everyone had gone. Only Jameels mum was there. "I've made you some lunch, as I know you must be tired, after your long journey." "Mum, where is everyone?" "I think they're all out. Working on their anger. Cooling off." Aaliyah looked around at the empty house. "They hate me." "Hey, it's alright", Jameel said squeezing her shoulders, "we both knew this wasn't going to be easy. But just remember, I'm with you every step of the way."