Chapter 11

Aaliyah sat in her office, doing anything to keep busy and not think of him. But her memories refused to be buried away, no matter what she did.  She smiled remembering how they first met, how he thought money was everything, how she changed him, how everything was going perfect, then they did what they did and ruined everything. She should of realised his dad didn't like her from day one, but his mum was always nice to her. But to his dad, status meant a lot. She should have realised her being from a middle class family meant his dad thought she was no good for his son and wouldn't even give her a chance, but she never thought they would do what they did. She did try and stay away from Jameel, knowing his dad would never accept them, but she found she couldn't. She was in too deep, plus Jameel refused to let her go, and pursued her non stop.

She thought life was playing a pretty cruel joke on her. They were so close to each other, yet couldn't talk, hug, cuddle. They were like two strangers after everything that had happened. Aaliyah knew it was for the best, but it still hurt like crazy. Just then, Aaliyah's office phone rang. "Hello? Hello? Hello? I know you're there. I can hear you breathing. Please, either say something or go away." Suddenly, Aaliyah realised what it meant. "Jameel, is that you? Please say something to me. Shout, scream, cry, do whatever, but I can't take this silent treatment", she wept "they made me do it. I didn't want to. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." Aaliyah wept as she put the phone down. She knew Jameel was upset, and he had every right to be, but her heart was breaking too. Being back here was bringing everything back.

Suddenly, there was a knock on her door. "Come in." Chammi strode in and handed Aaliyah a card. "This is mine and Jameels engagement card. I am officially inviting you." So you've got him thought Aaliyah. All you had to do was ruin both our lives. "I'm not a bad person Aaliyah. You saw that when I took care of you, after your accident." No, thought Aaliyah, you ruined my life and then you tried to help heal it. "Please come, I'll be waiting for you." "I'll try, but I'm so busy with work, plus we're not really friends." "I want to be your friend. I don't have a lot of friends." I'm not surprised Aaliyah thought, not with your behaviour and attitude. "I'll try."

Chammi left happily. Can I really do this? thought Aaliyah, watch Jameel get engaged to someone else? Aaliyah let out a little scream. Why is everything so complicated she thought