Chapter 31

Aaliyah woke up and sighed. She was in Jameels arms. She put her head on his  chest and snuggled in closer. Jameel responded by pulling her in closer. Aaliyah put her hands on Jameels face and sighed. Never in a million years had she thought this would be possible again.  She had never thought she and Jameel would be together again after everything. She had to keep pinching herself to reassure herself it was real, and that she was actually here with him, and this wasn't some sort of dream. Aaliyah just stared at the beautiful face in front of her, her Jameel. Jameel woke up

"What are you looking at?"

Aaliyah smiled and kissed him on the lips. Jameel pulled her closer to him. "You know Aaliyah I still can't believe this is real and it's happening. I never thought this would be possible again." Aaliyah sighed, "Jameel, our love was strong. God saw how we were ripped apart, and that our story was left incomplete. God also saw how miserable we were without each other. I like to think this was his plan to reunite us, and make sure we get our happily ever after that we were cruelly denied." 

Jameel and Aaliyah both got up and got ready. They had decided to spend a few days alone, just the two of them, before going back and facing everyone. They spent the day sightseeing and visiting muesuems. Aaliyah was sitting on a bench, eating ice cream, watching the sun go down, when Jameel appeared. "Where have you been?" Jameel didn't answer. He took Aaliyah's hand and led her to a private area of the park. Aaliyah looked around and gasped. The floor was adorned with rose petals, there were candles everywhere. Jameel got down on one knee. "I know you've already said yes, but I know you always wanted a romantic proposal, so I'm doing it again, just for you. So, will you?" 

"Yes, definitely yes. A hundred times yes." Jameel smiled and put the ring back on her. He got up and kissed Aaliyah. Aaliyah put her arms around him, and kissed him back. They hugged each other, for what seemed like ages. "Jameel, I don't care if we get married in a register office. I want to be your wife, before we go back." "Ok. I'll ring around. See what is free." A few days went by and Jameel said nothing. Aaliyah thought he had forgotten. One day Jameel gave Aaliyah her dream wedding dress, that she had chosen when they were young and dreaming of their future. "Where did you get this? When? How?" "I know you wanted this, since we were young, and even though we're getting married in a register office, I still want you to wear it and feel like a bride. I'm sorry I couldn't give you your dream day." "Jameel, look at me. As long as I'm with you and marrying you, that's my dream day. I don't care where we get married. As long as I become your wife."