the elites ✔ intro to next gen + n o t e

intro to next gen

×   V  A  S  H  T  I    C O L L I N S   ×

"You're so madaldal, Vashti! Ew!"

"You should shut up! You're only liked because your daddy is a stockholder of our academy!"

"Ew, ugly Vashti! Stay away from us!"

7-year-old Vashti Collins covered her ears, shaking her head as tears fell down her face. She liked being friends with everyone, but it seemed like they all faked being friends with her. Ayaw nila sa presensya niya, and they were only sticking up to her dahil nga sa pagiging anak siya ng isang major stockholder ng Rakuzen Heirs' Academy.

As she looked at her friends, her eyes widened as one of them tried to stab her with a pencil. That was until someone went in front of her, covering her from her own definition of hell-- those bullies.

"Leave Vashti alone, you crazies. You are only enrolled here to study, not to hurt friends." Said a little girl with brown to almost orange hair.

That was how she met her best friend, Leia Wesley, and how she turned into the opposite of her weakling self. That was how she turned reckless.

×   L  E  I  A     W  E  S  L  E  Y   ×

"Mum, I wanna marry her!" Said a boy with dark hair, eating cotton candy beside his mum and best friend.

"Siya ba, Hachi? Alin dyan?" Tanong ng mummy niyang si Maree.

"Ayun po ma, oh. Yung may parang orange hair?" Sabi ni Hachi, at saka naman narinig yun ng batang babae kaya tinignan siya nito. "Hey, Panther, do you see her?"

"Oh, that one? That's Leia, tita Theia and tito Leo's daughter," sabi ni Panther, at saka naman nanlaki ang mga mata ni Hachi nang makita ang papalapit na babae.

Iniwan sila ni Maree, and then Panther sucked on his lollipop as he was hiding his smile.

"Hey, you, Hachiro, right? I don't like you. I like Panther," said Leia, pouting.

"But Panther is less gwapo than me?" Sabi ni Hachiro, at binatukan naman siya ng kaibigan.

"How dare you?" Said Leia, her mouth agape.

"You're ruthless," said Hachi. "I'm gwapo kaya."

"Hmp. Basta I like Panther."

×    A  R  T  E  M  I  S   S  O  L  A  C  E   ×

Daddy made me sit next to him, so I did so. As a child, I wasn't meant to disobey my parents, and I know that. But one thing that I hate, one thing that they kept telling me not to hate, are boys.

"Your mum said you hate boys?" Said dad, smiling at me softly, but I only pouted and nodded.

"Ayoko po. They're eww. Cooties." Sabi ko, at tumawa naman siya.

"But dad was once a boy before he became a man," sabi ni dad, making me shake my head.

"I love dad, dad is an exception," pagsagot ko naman.

"But one day, you're gonna find the guy for you, the one I'll give my princess's hand to," dad said, kaya naman napasimangot ako.

"I don't need a knight for myself, daddy. I'm not a damsel in distress. I can beat a guy if I wanted to. I'm fearless," I answered, in which he smiled genuinely as he nodded.

"If you say so, Selene,"

×   L  A  U  R  I  N  E   Z  I  N   ×

"You're beautiful, Laurine. Nagmana ka kasi sa kagandahang lahi ng daddy mo. Si Mummy Xena mo? Nako, pangit yun-" panimula ni dad sa araw ko, making me giggle nang sabunutan siya ni mummy.

"Magtigil ka nga, Xix. Sakin nagmana si Laurine, please lang," sabi naman ni mum, kaya I laughed and then iniupo naman niya ako ng maayos sa chair ko.

"Itadakimasu," sabay sabay na sabi namin, and then we started eating.

Habang kumakain naman kami ay pinagmamalaki ni dad sa amin ang bagong bili niyang sports car, na nabili daw niya using only his salary from one of his photoshoots. Ako naman, I only listened to them.

Until a second, something came to my mind.

"Mum, when did dad know you love him?" I asked, at natigil naman silang dalawa. Dad was smiling, at dahan dahan na nagmukhang pang asar yun nang tignan niya si mum.

"Maige, he was so damn clueless. And maybe the guy you'll fall for soon will be as clueless as him, but it will be worth it,"

✔✔✔
NOTE

the epilogue was written, focused on Rakuzen, because on the Next Gen series, it will all focus on Rakuzen. Just to clarify ♡