o n e

First day of school. What was I even thinking? There were so many people, different groups of people, more than my old school which only had a few hundred students. The thing is though, I liked it that way. That way, I knew everyone and everyone knew me. If I pick the wrong group of people, I'll become a nobody, but if I make a wrong turn, I'll be that one bitch of the school. It wasn't that hard back home. I didn't have to think of that kind of thing. 

I had received all my information and schedule before school had even begun, thank god. So I already kinda knew my way, to my locker at least.
I'm minding my business until I notice a group of guys picking on this one girl. "Run back to your dad! Oh wait!" the group starts laughing, but the girl, on the other hand, had tears rolling down her cheeks. "Awee don't cry-"

"Hey, dickhead! Leave that girl alone." I felt so heroic but so fucking stupid.

Each boy turned their head in my direction. Oh shit. The one that seemed to be leading everyone made his way towards me. A smirk tugging at his lips as I just tried not to shit myself on the spot.

"Who are you?" he asks.

"Avery North. Now, are you gonna leave this girl alone?"

"Like you are gonna tell me what to do." He shakes his head, shoving me back a little only making me stumble back. How dare he? I felt my fists tighten and the anger was slowly boiling up to a point where I slapped the side of his face. Smart move Avery.
His reaction to that was not too pleasant. He pushed me harder into the lockers and I felt my shoulders ache from the impact. Ouch.
"That's not how things work around here." He threatens as his face got closer and closer to mine. And not in the cute romantic way. I could've just kept my head down and avoided all of this but of course, I had to speak up.

"Hey, Jacob!" Someone yelled.

The boy that was once in my face was now on the floor holding his jaw. I kinda just stood there in shock until I looked to my right to find some other dude, quite good looking may I add, standing there shaking his hand after what seemed to be a hard-ass punch. "I had that," I said walking up to the guy.

"Really?" He laughs out, "Didn't quite seem like it. I'll take that 'thank you' now." He smirked.

"It was none of your damn business," I yelled as I walked up to him, my anger still boiling, "I didn't need you to break his jaw!"

"Your welcome!" 

"I don't remember thanking you!" I yelled in response as he walked off, taking a step over the blond bully that was still on the ground, pouting about his jaw hurting. 
I soon noticed how most people were looking up at me with wide eyes. Way to not be the center of attention, Avery. But that one guy, he was such an ass, a hot one... but still such an ass!

I ignored the people's whispers and walked over to the girl who was grabbing her stuff off the floor, a few leftover tears staining her pale cheeks. "You okay?" I asked, grabbing a few spare papers up from the ground.

"Y-yeah, thanks for that..." She said quietly, her voice shaking a little bit.

"No problem..." I handed her the papers and I could tell that she was still shaken about the whole thing. I turn back to the blond boy and ask, "What's his deal anyway?"

"Jacob Quincy?" She asks and I nodded. "He's like... the most popular guy in school."

My eyes widen in disbelief. No fucking way!

"Him? The most popular? For what? Being a complete dick?" She laughs softly at my response. I mean like seriously, what could he be popular for? He treats people like shit and acts like he runs the damn place. He ain't even that cute too...

Of course, me being me, I had to ask about the other guy. What can I say? My curiosity got the best of me.

"So who's the other guy?" I asked quietly.

She looks back, past me, making me turn around. I saw him at his locker munching on a pack of gummy bears while he tried flirting with some girl but clearly failed. "That's Tom Holland..." She answered.

"Tell me more, I'm intrigued." I turned back at her.

"He's bad news. Gets in fights, tries to fuck anything that breathes, h-he's just...I wouldn't stick with him." She warns me but there's a large chance that I'll ignore that warning.

"Wow... interesting. I'm Avery North by the way."

"Chelsea, nice to meet you."

"If little jack-ass Jacob bothers you again just tell me." I smile, nudging her shoulder softly.

She nods her head before rushing past me, probably to class. Which makes me think, I've got a class to go to and I'm gonna be late if I don't leave now.

Heyo! I updated the first chapter and I'm planning on doing that for the rest of the story! I hope you enjoyed this chapter <3