f o u r t e e n

- October 31st, 10:00am -

I never really dressed up for Halloween, my past friends never really went all out either but now I had a happy Tom across the street bugging me every 4 seconds to find out what I would change into, and all I would answer with was  'you'll have to wait and see ;)' because I actually had no idea myself. I looked through an old costume bin that was in the storage space in the basement and looked for anything I could base my costume off of. I wasn't finding anything that wasn't over the top, and most of them were old costumes from when Kyla and I were young.

- Harper 8D -

Harper: SOSOSOSOSOS

What! What? WHat!? :You

Harper: MY STITCH BACKED OUT I NEED U TO BE MY STITCH!

Wtf Harper? Are u on something? :You

Harper: Fuck you.
Harper: No! Casey's sick and she was gonna be my costume partner we were gonna be Lilo and Stitch!

Ok? What do you want me to do? :You

Harper: BE MY FUCKING STITCH BITCH!

I laughed at her response.

I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING COSTUME! :You

Harper: I do! Stop by my house before school!

Okok! :You

Harper and I were extremely close. We had this weird thing where we'd scream and yell at each other but it was all out of love. I put on a large blue t-shirt, in case she didn't have one, black leggings and simple white shoes. I walked out of the house putting Tom's sweatshirt on cause it was freaking cold outside. My eyes widened as I saw Tom get in his car, "WAIT!" I yell as I run up to him, he turns around quickly and smiles once he sees me. "Can you drive me to Harpers?" I ask with a hopeful smile. He chuckles and nods his head. 

- in the car -

"Where's your costume?" He asked looking back at me but looking back at the road straight after.

"Where's yours?" I ask with a grin on my face.

"Going to Harrison's to pick it up, now you answer," he said smiling.

"Harper's got it, her partner backed out last second," I say looking down at my phone to check if I got any more texts from her.

"Cool, so watcha gonna be?" He asks.

I knew what he was trying to do. I shake my head, "Not gonna tell you Holland," I laugh. "What? C'mon I can't wait any longer!!" He says, his voice getting higher pitched. I simply laugh at his comment and tell him to turn right, he does exactly so and he stops the car. "You're really gonna make me wait another 30 minutes?" He asks with his puppy dog eyes looking straight back at me. "Yep," I say as I quickly kiss him and leave the car. 

"It's about damn time!" Harper yells, pulling me into her large house. We change into our costumes, hers almost completely done. She passes me the small accessories and I put them where I was told as she touches up her hair. 

Once we finish, we get into her car and drive off a little earlier than expected

Once we finish, we get into her car and drive off a little earlier than expected. Once we finally get to school, I was completely overwhelmed by the hundreds of people dressed up in whatever they chose. I look around as Harper and I walk into the school, us immediately greeted by everyone inside. "Lookin' cute guys!" I hear someone say as they walk past us, "Thanks!" I say back with a polite smile. Me and Harper giggled as we made our way to my locker. "What do you think the boys are gonna be?" She asks leaning against the locker next to mine. "Not sure, Tom didn't tell me anything," I say looking up at her from my lock. "No. Fucking. Way."

Harper's focus changes, now looking past me. I frown and look back to where she was looking at and I couldn't believe it. Tom and Haz, walking the halls as if they owned the damn place. I loved it. Tom was wearing some sort of Jughead Jones costume, with the hat, serpent jacket, grey shirt, and some light jeans while Haz was wearing the same black leather jacket, white shirt, jeans, and a bandana. My mouth opened slightly, a smile peeking through the corner of my mouth. It was like those really hot slow-motion scenes as the bad boy walks through the halls, girls drooling as they walked by. "Fuck, they're hot," Harper says under her breath, I don't even look back and say "I call dibs on the one on the right..." my mouth still open in shock maybe? The two boys look back at us and Tom has the biggest smirk on his face. "Might wanna close your mouth babe," he says, walking towards me, his hands still in his pocket. "I- You..." I try to talk but words wouldn't come out. He was, really, really, hot. "You're cute when you're nervous," he says kissing the top of my head, turning my cheeks bright red. I always knew Tom was kind of a bad boy, but this entire outfit, didn't look like a costume, and that's what made me drool over him.

- Tom's POV -

I was glad Avery liked my costume, I worked hard on it and it didn't seem like anyone else was dressed up the same. The only thing that really changed from my day to day clothes was the serpent jacket and the hat. I'd always wear some type of jacket, jeans and a t-shirt. Avery's costume was adorable. She was just so innocent in what she was wearing, my complete opposite. Her dark hair falling perfectly onto her shoulders, and her smile twice as big as everyone in the room combined. She was perfect, she really was. "We're gonna head outside before the ceremony," I said grabbing Avery's hand, "Ok," Haz says but then look back at Harper, was he, flirting? Oh my god, Haz, my best friend was flirting with Harper, Avery's best friend. 

As Avery and I walk outside to the quiet yard she looks up at me "Why are we here?" she asks with a slight giggle. "Just cause, "I say wrapping my arms around her waist. She pulls her head closer and brings her mouth close to my ear, "You're really hot..." she whispers, sending chills down my entire body. Woah. "You're not bad yourself," I joke making her pull away, clearly not impressed. "I'm kidding! You look gorgeous as always," I smile, not letting go of her hand. 

My attention goes back to the doors where I hear a group of girls walking by talking about some new kid coming in. I didn't really care about whoever this new kid was, I was more focused on Avery's bright green eyes.

This new kid wouldn't even change anything anyway.