s i x t e e n

I waited patiently for Harper to arrive at my house before the kids started trick or treating. I walk around holding a cup of water in my hand on my way to the living room until I hear my doorbell ring. I hoped it was her and not kids cause I was not gonna do this alone. Thank god it was Harper cause I would've probably given the kid too much candy. "Jeez it's about time," I say letting her in the house,  I look across the street to see Haz walking into Tom's at the exact same time. Hold the fuck up. "Would you like to explain why Haz is walking in at the exact same time and why I only see one care parked outside?" I say closing the door and crossing my arms with a huge smirk on my face. "Uh, I don't know-"

"Oh my god! You're a terrible liar you and Haz made out!!!" I squeal hugging her tightly. She laughs at my excitement and nods her head, admitting what Haz and her did in that damn car. "Damn Harper, get it!" I yell throwing my hands up in the air. "What about you and Tom, has anything happened between the both of you?" she asks crossing her arms. "Actually no," It kinda caught me off guard. It's true me and Tom never did anything more than simply kissing. Knowing Tom's fuckboy past it surprised you that he didn't try anything yet. "Maybe he's just waiting for the right moment?" Harper says, just as surprised as me. "Maybe," I say.

From 6 till 10 o'clock, we opened the door with every single time another group of kids with creative costumes waiting anxiously for the handful of candy I'd give them. Harper and I made a bet on the costume that would repeat itself the most. I voted on Ironman obviously, while she votes for a princess. Ironman came close but I was only off by 3 kids, so by the end of the night, I gave her, her 20$. "I told you, princesses are more popular," She says proudly. "Oh please, maybe all the ironman's just didn't come over to our house!" I snap back. We both hear the door ring again, "shit," I say looking down at the bowl of candy that was almost empty. "Can you go grab the extra candy in the kitchen please?" I say before answering the door, Harper quickly running to the kitchen. I look down expecting a little kid but instead of a cute superhero or princess, I saw a grey t-shirt. Abs defined through it, "Eyes up here love," I shoot my head up and see Tom with a slight tint to his cheeks. "Hi!" I say excitingly. "How was everything?" He asks quickly noticing the empty bowl of candy. "It was good," I say turning back around to see Harper with the big box of candy. "Sorry, it was just Tom," I say. "You made me get this for nothing? Great." Just then Haz runs up to the door, Harper not noticing yet. "Bloody hell, it's hot," He says pulling his sweatshirt over his head, but at the same time his shirt slides up exposing his toned abs. I didn't really notice it though, not until I hear a loud thud from behind me. Me and Tom both look back at Harper who had dropped the box with her mouth wide open. I snap my fingers making her shake her head and close her mouth before Haz could look back at her. I looked back at Tom and we both burst out laughing, Harper standing there picking the box back home incredibly embarrassed and Haz standing next to Tom confused out of his mind. 

Harper and Haz left because it was 11 and they both needed rest, or whatever they were planning to do. Tom stayed over and we just watched a movie. "Tom?" I say quietly, not lifting my head from his chest. "Yeah?" He asks looking down at me. "What if my sister wants to stay with my mom?" I ask quietly. He pauses for a moment, not knowing how to answer, "I-I'm not sure love," he says, his fingers gently combing out my hair. "You won't leave right?" I ask repositioning myself so I laid flat on Tom's chest, my arms on both of his sides. "Of course not..." he says pressing a soft kiss on the top of my head as I fell asleep. "ok..." I say quietly closing my eyes and letting myself fall asleep.

I could get used to this...