e l e v e n

As the weeks passed, summer turning into fall, with each sunset, the weather became cooler. Your dad and sister had come back after visiting your mother for 3 days. Of course, your dad noticed the bruises and cut on your face and immediately got Jacob suspended for a month. You didn't know why they hadn't just expelled them right at that moment but it didn't bother you, because, during that whole month, people started getting more fond of you. Your popularity grew as Jacob's and his gang got weaker and weaker by the minute. You and Tom also grew closer, a lot more touchy than before but you made sure to keep it out of the school because you were 'best friends' to everyone else but deep down you wanted to be more than that. The thought of Chelsea's warning kept ringing into your head with the memory of what happened when Tom found Jacob putting his hands on you. It gave you chills thinking about it, so you did the same thing you did with all those other nasty thoughts, push em to the back of your head. You were certain that wasn't the healthiest way to deal with your problems but it worked for now. You just told yourself that you'd deal with it when given the chance.

When your dad found out about what happened he made sure that you were okay. Ultra-sounds, X-ray and any other tests you could think of. You were fine with the fact that your dad wanted to help but still not too fond of the whole Marie situation. Turned out you had a bruised rib, nothing major though since he didn't hit anything too major. You got the stitches you needed for your face since the cut didn't seem to heal quickly enough and they gave you strong pain meds that had to be taken with food caus if not, you got sick. It only happened once and Tom was by your side making sure you were okay as he rubbed circles on your back. 

At some point in time Tom would be absent, you never really knew why because he'd avoid the questions and you fell for it every time. He'd come to school with a few bruises and would just brush it off as if it was the regular for him, which it was apparently. You didn't like the fact that he was getting hurt but you figured this is what Chelsea was talking about. You'd even notice the stares Tom would get as he'd walk the halls around with you. The questions that would pop up every now and then, "Are you dating Tom Holland...?" or the small warnings some of your classmates would give you, "be careful with him," or "he's just trouble, are you sure you want to be with him?" even the "he's only a fuckboy, he will break your heart if you're not careful.".
It hurt knowing that so many people feared Tom. You realized what 'reputation' everyone was talking about, he had gotten in many fights before and the one with Jacob wasn't even the worst one. 

Your popularity especially grew because of being apart of the cheer team. They'd give a good word about you on social media and your follower count grew by a lot. You didn't mind it, you actually enjoyed it. You could live without it of course but it was nice knowing people looked up to you, or whatever they wanted to admit. The team hasn't had a cheer captain in almost 2 years and everyone was voting for you to be it. You were surprised and shocked. People really wanted you to be in charge of everything? It made you feel confident and proud. You were glad people thought fondly of you even the people you never really talked to.

It was no October 25th and Tom noticed you still hadn't decorated your house for Halloween.

- Avery's POV -
- sorry that last p.o.v was kinda weird lmao -

I watched Netflix on my computer, trying to find some new show that you would enjoy during Halloween. You and Harper decided to make plans the 31st, watch scary movies, sleepover, regular girl stuff, y'know? A notification went off on my phone making me almost squeal since it was around 9 and it was dark. People kept telling you creepy stories for Halloween, especially Tom, and they've made you kind of jumpy for the past couple days.

- Tommy ;) -

Tommy: Avery.

Yes? :You

Tommy: Why isn't your house decorated!? 
Tommy: You don't even have a pumpkin!

Lol, I don't know, I haven't really celebrated Halloween for a couple of years. :You
Never really thought of it :/ :You

Tommy: Well that's gonna change love.

What do you mean? :You

Tommy: Get dressed, we're going shopping.

But all my sweatshirts are in the wash!! :You

Tommy: I'll bring you one, be out in 15 ;)

Okay :) :You

I giggled at the thought of Tom getting all excited to go shopping. The only place I knew was open was Target, and how would we find good decorations 5 days before Halloween. It was silly that Tom took it so seriously but you just went along with it, you liked seeing him this happy.