t e n

- so like every 10 chapters I'm gonna try to make the chapter longer than the rest but thank you for reading my story :) -

- Avery's POV -

I sat in the back with Tom while Haz and Harper sat in the front. I didn't know why everything hurt so bad, maybe it's because the adrenalin finally calmed the fuck down and my body was sort of reminding me like 'oh yeah you were punched, twice. Enjoy.' Like gee thanks. Tom wrapped his arms around my shoulder the entire ride home and I didn't mind it, I tried focusing on whatever he'd say whenever the sharp pains would come back. The pain was like waves, in and out like the ocean shore. I hated it, I'd be at a 3 for a couple of minutes then it would shoot up to an 8 in a matter of seconds. And a few minutes into the car ride, another wave of paint hit the shoreline. 

I groan as I hold my stomach, I must've bruised something in there that was causing me so much pain. Tom's head quickly turns back at me. I close my eyes and hold my breath trying to focus on something else other than the pain. "Avery? It's okay, just breathe," Tom says rubbing my arm gently. I focus on his pattern and hope to god he doesn't change it, cause it was helping. I take a deep breath and exhale, hoping the pain would finally go away. 

As we got home the pain had just started to slowly fade away. It was about damn time. But I knew that I wouldn't be wearing a bathing suit any time soon. They helped me into my house since we didn't wanna bother Nikki and Dom (Tom's Parents) and since I had a key. They set me down on the couch and I lay there like a wet noodle. 

"How do you feel?" Tom asks as he sits down next to me.

"Like someone punched me at full force in my stomach..." I joke, trying to lighten the mood. But no one budges.

"Geez, tough crowd."

"Avery, you should really lay down cause now would be the time where you start feeling sick," Harper says setting a large enough trashcan next to me.

She was right. Although it did surprise me that I didn't throw up yet. I guess I just didn't feel that sick. Oh- No, wait. Yep, here it is.

"I feel fine I don't need-" And just like that I basically threw myself onto the trashcan as I threw up. I absolutely hated, despised even, throwing up. Almost like I had a phobia of it. My hands started to get sweaty and I started to shake, not cause I was cold, I was literally scared.

Tom tied a loose ponytail and rubbed circles on my back as I rested my arms on the rim of the trashcan. "I fucking hate this..." I said not lifting my head up in fear that I would projectile vomit everywhere. "I know..." Tom said quietly. I could hear the pain in his voice and I didn't quite understand why. It wasn't his fault, none of this was his fault why was he so upset? Harper set a cold rag on my neck, it felt good. Haz and Harper sit down on the chairs not too far from the couch and we all wait until the sick feeling in my stomach left. 

About one hour later, I had thrown up at least 4 times. It was painful and I hated every single second of it. No one likes throwing up, but I literally wanted to rip my hair out. I wipe my mouth with the cold towel and sit up, making everyone else look up at me. "How do you feel?" Tom asks as he scooches over to give me some space. "amazing." I said sarcastically. Tom chuckled under his breath. "How about you just take a bath?" Harper asked standing up from the chair and walking up to me and Tom. "That sounds nice..." I say as I get up with Tom's help.

I lean against the counter in the bathroom and look up at the mirror. Jesus Christ. My whole right eye was swollen and bruised topped off with a nice cut on my cheekbone. "I'll go find some towels," Harper says leaving the bathroom. It was just me and Tom at this point. "Wow..." I say still looking at my face in the mirror. Tom stays silent. "I really let it get this bad..." I say under my breath. "It wasn't your fault-"