1. Moving Away

Before you read!: This Story has a 'toxicity' and a 'pushover' tag for a reason. The reader is different from what I've read on here; she's not cutesy and 10-y/o personality.  This book is slow burn with small mindless fluffs in between.
WARNING| There is mentions of (verbal) abuse and self questioning/doubting!
A lot of my readers (from Ao3&Quotev) don't like the brothers and Best friend. Thought 'd give you a heads up!
Enjoy.
edit: MENTIONS OF DESCRIPTIVE VIOLENCE IN LATER CHAPTERS (Chapters 30-36)

______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Are you sure you want to move?"

You left out a long sigh, holding onto the strap of your backpack as you descended the stairs. Your brother's loud and frantic footsteps quickly trailed after you. Yes, you were moving. Away from the city you grew up in, can't say you loved it because of how suffocating growing up was, but it did have its glowing moments. Ignoring your brother's question as you entered the kitchen and into your mother's arms.

"Oh hush, Josh." Your mother swatted Josh's arm, squeezing you into her hold. "She can do what she wants, she's an adult!"

"She's fresh out of high school!" He protested, grabbing your forearm and pulled you into his arms before you could do anything. Another long sigh. "She's still my baby sister, and I don't want her to live in a city infested with monsters."

"Are you saying I don't know how to raise my kids?" Your mother spoke, tilting her head slightly with her eyes lightly widening. "You're a doctor, your brother is a surgeon. (Y/n) can be a singer is she wished, and I'd still be a very proud parent." She lifted her hand and swatted your brother as soon as you pushed him off.

You smoothed out your sweater, narrowing your eyes at your older brother but let the forced hug slide since it was in his good will, he was just worried.

"Didn't you hear me? Monsters. Mother, monsters! They're soul snatching cretins, who knows what would happen to her!"

"Don't argue with mom, Josh." Joseph walked into the kitchen, raising his hand and swatting his twin in the head. The former grumbled and plopped onto a stool, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I admit, I'm kind of scared to be living on my own." You said with a sheepish smile, trying to soothe your brother's worrying thoughts. It wasn't that you didn't trust the monsters, it was just... you didn't like the silence. "My things are already at the apartment, have been for a week now." You pointed, grabbing a freshly buttered toast and kissed your mother's cheek before turning to face your brothers.

You paused at their startled expressions, counting to three.

"What?!" Joseph shouted, "a week and we haven't noticed?!"

"Yes," you grinned cheekily. "I'm pretty good at being discreet, if you haven't noticed." You shoved a corner of the toast into your mouth and moaned as if you hadn't eaten in weeks.