38. Under the rug

Chapter Summary: The skeletons thinks your coping mechanism is unhealthy. Red proposes to go out.
Chapter note: Stretch's heat chapter it out, you can find it on my profile under the book 'see you later/soon'

******

You woke up in a frenzy. Instantly becoming light headed when you shot up out of bed - everything was dark, you couldn't see. Your mind ran a million thoughts an hour. Did Josh really take away your sight?

Throwing the covers off of you to slip out of bed, you nearly tripped over something as you felt your way towards the doors. Panicked tears gathering in your useless eyes as your breathing became hard.

"Agile? Agile? Where are you?" You whispered, trying to keep your voice steady and low in fear of alerting your brothers. Did Joseph come up to shove his finger in your other eye while you were sleeping?

Feeling your face, warm liquid poured from your eyes and you panicked. The light headedness causing you to stumble forward - teaching out to steady yourself you tumbled to your knees. Hands tightly gripped on the rickety old desk, you tired to hold your breath, to catch the sudden windedness.

Shivering from the cold room, you steadily got up - a rustling sounded behind you, making you pause in your steps as someone groaned in pain.

You tried to blink away the blood and tears. The familiar stench of copper filling your nose as you inhaled sharply - coughing up the blood and hunched forward.

You sobbed on the ground. "I'm sorry, imsorryimsorry I didn't mean to do that, please please-" someone wrapped their arms around you, holding you steady as the scenario changed in your mind.

"NO!" You screamed, trying to get away from Josh or Joseph's suffocating hold. Trashing your arm about, trying to smack your brother into letting you go. Your body was heavy and felt like a ton. His hand ran up your neck to your hair, holding your tightly in place while you trashed around. Screaming and crying. "Let me go! I don't want to go up the attic anymore, please please Joseph don't-don't—"

You sobbed loudly, uncaring that your nose ran with snot. How puffy your face became. It didn't matter, you couldn't see anymore.

They were going to tie you up, drag you to the attic and hang you on the pipe by your bound hands. Letting them use you like a punching bag over and over again until you pass out from the pain. You sobbed, clinging onto your brother - he was skinnier than you remembered, maybe he went on a diet?

"Please no more, I'm sorry." You whispered with a broken tone. Your voice wavered and your chest felt tight.

A small rumble from Joseph or Josh's chest indicates that he talked - the panicked ringing in your ears blocked out whatever he said. It was far from your reach, further away than you felt it was.

Another pair of hands touched your shoulders, trying to steady you with the arms around your body. Someone was talking calmly - or so you think.

No, Joseph was lying. You weren't okay or safe. How many times did they play that card on you? You weren't naive enough to know that they fed you cruel lies.

The hands on your shoulders yanked you away from the arms around you - a terrified gasp ripped from your mouth as you pushed away the two hands, falling to your bottom and kicked as you scooted away.

"spirits fuck, take 'he sleeping mask off!" Someone shouted.

"i'm trying, she won't told still!" Someone replied in the same bite and tone.

You slapped the arms around your waist and tumbled onto the floor, twisting your body around to your hands and knees and began to crawl away - slipping on the floorboards as you did so.