11. Skeleton Cookies

Chapter Summary: Muffet sends you home to rest but you end up making cookies with a skeleton. Oh and, You meet Red's brother.

Corruption?

What did she mean by that? Some kind of monster-superstition or something? You leaned onto the couch with a small sigh coming from you. The past few minutes were a shockingly overwhelming. You would have been dead if it weren't for...what did that guy say? Boss monsters?

If it weren't for them.. you would have..

Tightly closing your eyes, you deeply inhaled and ran a hand through your hair, cringing at the sweat that had form during the that encounter.

The humans in the establishment was naive to think that was scripted. The monsters in the area had shrunk into their booths while the more terrifying monsters looked excited. Chanting 'fight' over and over again with their beverages in hand. You couldn't place a finger as to why they wanted a fight as terrifying as they looked.

"Y/n, deary?" Muffet called, strolling into the room with a silver tray in her hands. Subconsciously, your attention went to her hands where the thin purple strings stretched from her fingertips, wrapping itself around her palm while she glared uncharacteristically to that burly male.

You flinched when she sat next to you, placing the tray on the side table. A frown appeared on her lips but didn't comment on your reaction.

"I've brought you tea and biscuits." She said carefully, the soft purr in her voice somewhat calming you as you looked up at her. She sighed at the look you gave her, giving you the biscuit and tea.

"I suppose you have some questions." She spoke, a small smile replacing her frown. Pearly white fangs poking out from the upper lip. "I'll answer anything to my best abilities but you must know that I cannot answer specifics."

Your fingertips lightly tapping the teacup, the biscuit resting on your knee as you stared in blind state. The questions you had earlier now scurried away from your thoughts just as the moment to ask them came, a frustrating thing that happens from time to time. You brought the cup to your lips, ignoring the salty sea smell and took a sip. The hot tea burned your tongue and you recoiled, sticking out your tongue from your mouth—successfully snapping you out of a void.

"Ow.." you muttered, looking at the swirling green colour.

"Deary?" Muffet spoke, lightly touching your arm. The thought of purple strings bounding you down made you flinch away from her touch. She quickly pulled her hand away, eyes pooled with concern and worry. "Only the second day and you've had this traumatic experience." She shook her head. An action that was directed to herself rather than you.

"I am sorry. I should have considered your reaction beforehand."

You frowned at her. "You couldn't have seen that coming. Please, don't blame yourself." Offering a smile, you glanced at your tea and drowned the hot liquid. Tears gathered in your closed eyes as you welcomed the burn.

You deserved it, after all. If you had been a little stronger or if you hadn't been such a baby about it.. maybe Muffet wouldn't be blaming herself over something that could have been controlled if you took action.

But no, you just had freeze up.

"Y/n...." Muffet frowned, reaching over to rub your back but pulled back last minute after remembering your reaction to her first attemp

"That was extremely hot. Luckily, it was a tea with healing properties." She shook her head at you. You must've not heard her earlier, so she repeated her words.