44. In These Words

Edge scoffed at Stretch, his sockets narrowed dangerously as Stretch exited out the song: Let it Go, to grab the songbook and flipped through it.

The grin that spread across Stretch's teeth was alarming, loudly flipping through the song book as if he was looking for a specific song. He stayed like that for a while, sitting crossed legged on the floor with the large book on his lap.

The other skeletons continued to drink, although avoided touching the shot glasses Red kept filling up. He had looked surprised for a split second before he shook his head and refilled the shot glasses, sending a look at Edge that no one caught. He refused to acknowledge Red for that very reason and decided that it was best to drink the rest of the vodka you ditched in favour of Rye - nothing too harsh like the stuff he seemed content with.

Wrinkling your nose, you slid off the couch and crawled over to Stretch, sitting in front of him and leaned close to see what he was looking at. Older songs were stored in the back of the book while the newer ones were in front - based on popularity.

He looked at the microphone before lowly punching in the numbers of the song he wanted to sing.

"you're too close." Stretch muttered suddenly, startling her a bit before making more room for him by backing up.

"You're too close!" You protested with a frown. Stretch chuckled before closing the book as the song he chose buffered behind him. Lazily twisting the cord before he sighed deeply.

"would you like to sing with me, honey?" Stretch asked, uncaring that his voice was drowned out by Red's boisterous laughter, Papyrus' scolding, and Edge's dismissal.

Sans and Blue stayed silent, taking care of their drinks before deciding to try to initiate a conversation with one another.

It was until the song began did they went silent. The familiar chime of an old classic made you perk up in interest, not bothering to return to your spot between Edge and Red, favouring the cold floor that was oddly comfortable.

"ya can sing along, hon." Stretch said, giving you a wink as the drums began to pick up in rhythm closely followed by a band. Stretch seemed satisfied by the others reaction, snickering to himself before he lifted the microphone to his mouth after the background singers finished.

"Hey! Clear the way in the old bazaar. Hey you! Let us through! It's a brand new star! Oh come, be the first on your block to meet his eye!" He sang, winking at the stunned looks from the others — although he knew he wasn't being serious but seeing that absolute glee in your (colour) eyes was worth it, though.

"Make way! Here he comes! Ring bells! Bang the drums! You're gonna love this guy! Prince Ali! Fabulous he! Ali Ababwa~"

You cringed at the unnecessary high note but laughed when he began to sway and dance along to the song. unable to stop yourself, you took a shot before getting up and joining Stretch with his dance - that he shifted to involve you.

"Show some respect, Genuflect, down on one knee-" He twirled you around before dropping to his knee, his hand on his chest like a butler with his head lowered. A snicker coming from him as he grabbed your hand and left a soft skeletal kiss on your knuckles. "- Now, try your best to stay calm! Brush up your Friday salaam~ Then come and meet his spectacular coterie!!"

Laughing, you took his microphone and sang the next line - clearly too drunk to care about your appearances and engrossed into this sudden duet with Stretch. How could you resist?

"Prince Ali~ mighty is he, Ali Ababwa! Strong as ten regular men, definitely!"

Stretch took the microphone back, looking a bit shocked but interested on what you were doing. A random duet? Would you mind? Well technically since you were already dancing with him and singing with him, he imagined that you really didn't mind. That or you're unbelievably shit-faced now.