30. Sunday Morning

Chapter Note: Chapter summaries will now be in the bottom text:^) warning and such will be now located up here!

*Throws chapter into a endless pit and dives behind the couch with protective gear*

!!!!!JUST K N O W I WAS VERY TEMPTED TO WRITE A SOFTER VERSION OF THIS CHAPTER!!!!!!

Warning(s): MENTIONS OF MONSTER SEX/HEAT TALK, PHYSICAL ABUSE, SELF-LOATHING, VERGING PANIC ATTACK, AND UNHEALTHY BROTHERS!

Please, PLEASE!, read with caution ok pls ilu take care of yourselves!

!!!!!JUST K N O W I WAS VERY TEMPTED TO WRITE A SOFTER VERSION OF THIS CHAPTER!!!!!!
UP TO WHERE JOSH AND JOSEPH ENTER THE KITCHEN IS WHERE THE BAD STUFF HAPPENS SO PLEASE, I cannot stress this enough, READ CAREFULLY!
_________________________________

Papyrus stayed silent, watching you carefully as you stared at his chest. He wasn't sure how to react and was still glowing the deep orange hue. When your eyes flickered upwards, he felt his soul clench and immediately averted his eye lights. Nervous sweat began to build on the base of his skull.

Your eyes were puffy and red, your lips darkened in colour - almost a cherry red, and your nose pinked. You still hiccuped every now and then but it was more spaced than moments earlier. A shiver caused your shoulders to jerk slightly, wiping the lingering tears in your eyes, you sighed softly and lowered your gaze.

"I'm sorry, that was probably awkward to say." You apologized. Pushing the chair tucked into the table, when you stumbled back you had moved it into an awkward position — much like how you were feeling right now.

"Y/N..." Papyrus whispered, the glow flush growing. "I Didn't Show You My Soul." Despite his words, Papyrus only grow oranger. He began to twist the ends of his shirt, gaze lowered.

You blinked twice, eyebrows slowly furrowing together in confusion.

"I DIDN'T SHOW YOU MY SOUL - ARE YOU SURE YOU WEREN'T SEEING THINGS?" He said, sounding desperate whilst trying to force down the orange blush. When he say your eyes drop to his chest, he crossed his arms over his chest and turned away. The orange deepening even more.

"No, no i'm pretty sure I saw it? I can draw it for—"

"N-NO! I MEAN, NO THANK YOU!" He exclaimed loudly, looking utterly flustered.

You pointed towards the hallway. "Are you sure? I can—"

"NO, NO! IT'S FINE I BELIEVE YOU!" he said, eyes tightly shut. "PLEASE, CAN W-WE TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE?"

"You're so cute, Papyrus." You say without thinking. Papyrus stumbles back, covering the bottom half of his jaw with his pinpricks avoiding your (fond) gaze.

"YOU HAVE A FEVER! COME! LETS LAY YOU DOWN O-OKAY?"

Feeling your head pulse, you sighed softly and smiled at a silent Papyrus and walked towards the bathroom. Papyrus quickly snapped out of his thoughts and scurried after you, gently placing his hands on your shoulders (you couldn't help but recoil harshly) and maneuvered you to the couch.

Pointing at the cushions, you rose your eyebrow. "SIT." He said, fluffing up the couch pillow and gestured you to sit down with his eye lights before he disappeared down the hall.

While alone, your mind wandered towards his soul. Did he voluntarily exposed himself like that? Was it a trick monsters could do — like how they could heal minor wounds with a piece of candy. Your wrinkled your stuffy nose. No, that wasn't likely. Then why did you see his soul? He looked confused when you uttered those words then confirmed that he never showed it to you.