18. Red & Stretch

Chapter Summary: Red and Stretch briefly talks about SOULS.
The food was excellent...appearance wise. Last time Papyrus made spaghetti with you was...concerning. You examining the plate of spaghetti in front of you, moving it around to see any charred beef, uncooked spaghetti noodles or odd specs of glitter. Looking up at Papyrus' excited look, you sighed and rolled a fork full of spaghetti. The sauce was undercooked and the noodles felt firmer than they should've been. But, it looked presentable. The minced beef was cooked nicely but you did spot some charred pieces.

Shutting your eyes as you shoved the forkful of spaghetti in your mouth. An unsatisfying crunch made you cringe inwardly but kept chewing for the sake of Papyrus.

The fact that they hadn't mentioned you sleeping without a shirt was a god send. Sans still refused to look at you in the eye but at least he was relaxed enough to be around you. Then again, he was a hard guy to read without the human necessities. Like a face.

"I HAVE MEMORIZED YOUR COOKING METHODS TO MY MANY BEST ABILITIES" The excitement in his tone made you stop chewing to look up at him—Sans' plate devoid of any food as if he was never served. For deeper measures, he opened his maw with a sickening crack and lollies his royal blue tongue out and licked his phalanges. "ALTHOUGH IT DOES GO AGAINST MINE, I FIND YOURS LACKING IN THE PASSION DEPARTMENT."

Swallowing the food, your cheeks flushed when he caught you staring and turned to Papyrus. "It's nice. Kind of undercooked but it's great."

"YOU SAID 'NICE' AND 'GREAT' IN THE SAME SENTANCE." He pointed out, shoulders slumping dejectedly. Shit, did he caught on?

"But it's a mass improvement. If you want... I could teach you? Nothing too extreme, just more pointers and—"

"WOULD YOU?! THIS COULD BE OUR 'THING'!" You jumped at his volume, a small ring in your ear as he leaned forward. Eye light beaming brightly with the same orange blush dusting his cheekbones.

"Our thing?" You muttered questionably.

"AHEM." He cleared his throat, standing up—he was wearing a white shirt and dress black pants with a belt and of course, his red scarf. Oddly enough, it didn't cave in like you as expected their clothes would do. You furrowed your eyebrows subconsciously in thought.

"THE UNDERNET HAS IDEALS TO FRIENDS AND THEIR HANGOUTS. A 'THING' FRIENDS DO TOGETHER. I, PAPYRUS, HAVE MANY FRIENDS BUT THIS IS THE FIRST THAT WILL HAVE A 'THING' WITH."

Oh jeez, this skeleton was way too adorable. You smiled at him, taking another forkful of spaghetti and shoved it into you mouth despite your reaction to the first bite. Cringing at the crunch, you nodded at the skeleton and swallowed. "We should. Maybe every Friday?"

He gasped loudly. "FRIDAY WILL DO— Oh. I HAVE WORK ON FRIDAYS." He slowly sat down, poking at his portion.

You frowned at his expression. "T-then maybe the next day? Saturday works for everyone."

"EXCELLENT! YOUR QUICK THINKING IS IMPECCABLE, NYEH HEH HEH " he laughed and you flushed at the praise, pushing around the noodles on your plate. "OF COURSE, YOU CANNOT BEST—" he was cut off by the slam of the front door. You paused and looked at the entrance.

"Babe! Y/n!" You friend shouted, scrambling towards you. Waving at the two skeletons in the kitchen before wrapping her arms around your neck. "The others are coming and I thought that maybe you could stay in your room again?" She hummed, pressing her cheek against yours in a pleading matter.