42. Monster Alcohol

Chapter Summary:  First taste of monster alcohol

Previously on 6S&TW :
"stop apologizing, honey." Stretch muttered, scratching the back of his skull. His attention on you as he forced a grin. "that's another reason why we want you to move in. we can help you. we can protect you. if.. if you'd let us, honey."

———————————————————————————

Biting your bottom lip, you watched as the snow fell from the dark sky. A soft sigh coming from you, feeling Stretch's hard gaze on you.

"I.. appreciate everything you guys do for me." You say, intertwining your fingers and nervously twirled your thumbs. A sheepish look in your eyes as you avoided looking at Stretch directly.

"there's a but." Stretch sighed, the high he felt moments prior now gone like the smoke in the wind. "there's always a but."

You smiled apologetically, knowing he was right. "But I feel like I don't deserve the mercy you show. You guys are.. an odd bunch, I'll admit." You chuckle, covering your bottom lip.

Stretch looked mildly offended for a second before shrugging his shoulders, ultimately agreeing with you.

"I feel like I'm cheating on a test with how much you guys help me." You sighed deeply, shaking your head before ruffling your hair. Fingertips lightly touching the embroidery eyepatch before hiding your hands in your pockets.

Stretch's brow bones furrowed slightly. "we don't expect anything in return, yeno."

"I.. hardly know you guys, though." You whisper, gaze lowering to the snow covered ground. "I don't know what you like other than sweets and honey. Blueberry? Not a clue. Red only tolerated me because of her.. I don't know about Edge - he's weird on his own. I only know that Papyrus loves cooking.. Sans?" You trailed off, trying to remember what Sans liked to do on his free time (that didn't involve humour) but drawn a blank line.

Stretch stayed silent. It had only been a few months since he met you - since you started working at Muffet's - and even earlier for the rest. But he felt like. . . He should get to know you.

"you depend on us." Stretch said before he could stop himself. "what i mean is, you can depend on us. where would you be if i didn't go get you?"

Pursing your lips into a thin line, you stared at Stretch for a moment. Trying to read his eyelights, expression and movements. Even if you looked hard enough, you doubted you'd be able to see his ulterior motive.

"I suppose.. at the hospital." You sigh once again, running your hands through your messy (very badly tied) hair and retied it into a neater ponytail. A determined gleam in your visible eye as you huffed. "But I promise I'll be better, I won't let anyone push me around anymore."

Stretch snickered, lightly pushing your shoulder. "it won't hurt to ask for a bit of help once in a while."

You stumbled back a bit. Lips tight, eyes wide, and arms awkwardly spread out to balance yourself before you'd fall flat on the deck.

Stretch blinked owlishly at you then burst into laughter.

"spirits, your face!" He covered his jaw, snickering into his palm despite your narrowed eyes.

"shut up! I was caught off guard!" You hiss, grabbing onto his sleeve and yanked him down. He stumbled forward with his sockets wide open, arms awkwardly stretched out to balance himself. Slowly slipping away on the icy deck.

Covering your lips, you turned your head, forcing the giggles back.

"Stretch?" You called after taking a breather. You glanced at the slide doors before taking a cautious step forward and wrapped your arms around his torso. Giving a light thankful squeeze.