12. Boss

Chapter Summary: A edgy skeleton appears, quick! Use cookie attack!

AH! IT'S INEFFECTIVE!
******

You froze up, tightening your hold around the two brothers as you kept your eyes on the doorway.

"Did he just say boss?" You whispered, feeling your heart drop into your stomach. "W-what does he mean by that?"

Papyrus lifted his hand and ruffled your hair, you flinched, not suspecting the contact but leaning onto his touch anyway.

"It's what he calls Edge." Sans said softly. "That's what Red called him in the underground."

You nodded your head, nearly falling over when Edge marched into your apartment. Eye light scanning the area before focusing on you and you alone. Suddenly, you left very small in the presence of this peculiar monster.

You hold on Papyrus limped and you instantly hid your body behind Sans, a strangled squeak coming from you as you pressed your head on his back, balling the fabric in your fist.

Oh god, oh god oh god

If Red was Hatred, did that indicate that Edge was Mean? You didn't expect him to be so..intimidating. I mean, sure. Red was pretty scary but Edge was on a whole new level of 'scary'. Terrifying? Probably. Was he going to hurt you? Were your frie— were they going to let him?

Edge staggered back a bit, a surprised look over his face upon noticing the other skeletons in the room before quickly composing himself.

"I SEE THIS IS WHERE YOU ALL RUN OFF TO."he huffed, crossing his arms in front of his chest. Eyes solemnly on you.

You gulped and turned your head, avoiding that heated look he fixated on you. If his nickname was mean then it's probably wise for you to keep your distance. Your eyes wander to Red. His shoulders were tensed and half of his face was hidden behind the fluffiness of his hood, red eyelights on the floor with blobs of red sweat on his skull.

He looked nervous.

For some reason, you hated that look on his face. Softly pursing your lips, you looked up at Edge. Recoiling back that he was still staring at you. The heavy atmosphere wasn't as.. soul-eating as you thought it would be. Normally, you would be shaking like a leaf and on the verge of tears like a baby you were.

Was it because you had others around? Or was it because of that expression on Red's face.

"N-no.." You spoke, voice still shaky. "This is the..third time...t-they came.." was it the third? Or fourth? Maybe more times?

You didn't know. Holding onto Sans gave you a odd sense of confidence, like you could conquer the world and proudly tell the world something daring.

You instantly let him go, the feeling very foreign to yourself.

"DON'T TRY TO BLAND ME WITH YOUR FILTHY LIES, HUMAN. FOR ALL THEY KNOW IS THAT YOU ARE OPENINGLY MANIPULATING THEM."

You shrink as the heat in his voice rose, inhaling and exhaling softly to keep the trembles at bay. You went back to gripping Sans for dear life.

"YOUR WRONG, EDGE!" Papyrus spoke up. Picking up the controllers and placing them nearly on the table, straightening things out and muted the tv. You couldn't see him, but you could hear the frown in his voice. "WE HAVE BEEN COMING HERE VOLUNTARILY. NO JAPES WERE PULLED IN ANY MANIPULATIVE FORMS."

You swallowed thickly. You didn't need this. You can't handle this after the day you just had. Why couldn't you just...why didn't you just stay away from monsters.