5. Oh no

Chapter Summary: Your brother is here.
Oh, and some monsters.

Thursday.

You stared at your phone in disbelief as the screen shut itself off, with a huff, you tossed it on your bed and got ready for the day. It was 8: 45 in the morning. Silently wondering why you kept waking up early despite having classes that start at 1 and end at 5 or 6.

You weren't one to complain, but with the things that have been happening, you wanted to sleep in. Get some more rest and be lazy before you have to leave the apartment and socialize with strangers. And with your brother coming (you hoped it was just Joseph.) you needed a change of plan.

Classes were a no, as much as you wanted to go, you couldn't leave Joseph here alone. You knew he respected your privacy, but you always felt like he watches you with a sharp eye. You may have gotten your things shipped a week early under his careful watch, but that was because you distracted him by being a needy little sister. Asking him to do things for you, bug him for a ride claiming you were 'too lazy' to drive. Make him mad on some occasions for him to leave you alone.

Pulling a red and black striped shirt over your head, you played with the hem for a bit before choosing to wear high waisted shorts. Tying your hair into a ponytail, you left your room and to the living room.

You paused.

Instantly placing your back on the wall, you cursed silently as the game console blared music. An excitable voice claiming that he knew all the best places to hide, and another simply replying as 'that's cool, bro.' with the laughter that followed it made your heart swell in awe.

Those monsters were here in your apartment. You bit your lip and took out your phone, immediately opening the messaging app.

'where are you?' you texted, shaking your phone slightly as if it'll make her reply faster. The three dots that appeared made you sigh in relief.

'We got a call from the post office. Be back in 10 minutes.'

You stared at the screen in disbelief. The post office? Why would they call for either of you? You don't pick up the mail until it was Wednesday.

Oh wait, that was yesterday.

'i'm kicking out the guests. We have to talk when you get back.' you texted, tapping the screen impatiently as you watched the grey bubble reappear.

'what? No. Don't tell them to leave!' you could imagine the wrinkle in between her eyebrows, the displeased scowl on her lips.

'I don't care, this is really important and we have to talk about it.' you wondered why you were being vague about it but then again, she didn't know that your family didn't like her. Even though they had openly said it with her around during a sleepover. She thought they were talking about the other girl.

You pocketed your phone, no longer wanting to talk to her and rather face her wrath when she arrives. Turning your heel back into your room to grab a sweater. Purposely tightening the strings around the hood, hiding your face as your lips and chin were only visible. Stumbling out of your room, you felt your way down the hall.

The two in the living room was silent as you stumbled out the hall, facing what you believed was the living room with your arms tightly to your side. You felt their eyes curiously watching you.

"u-uhm." You stuttered, your voice an octave higher. "c-can you please leave...s-she won't be back until much later and I.. My brother's coming over and he doesn't... Like monsters.." you fiddled with the hem of your sweater, clearing your throat at the uncomfortableness you were experiencing at this moment.