40. Red & Edge

Author's note: short chapter. . . I'm sorry! I promise the next chapter will be longer:)!
As for the poll, option D won!
——————————————————————————

The chilly wind never dampened the mood. Huddling close to to each other to preserve warmth, you jogged towards the cafe. Nose, cheeks and chin pink from the cold wind kissing your skin. The small bell chime greeting you while you entered. A soft sigh of relief coming from the skeletons behind you as you rubbed your palms together. Blowing hot air into them. Sans nodded at the two, leaving to go order something hot for each skeletons and you while Red easily maneuvered past people and into a lonesome booth at the end. Blinking tiredly, you slipped into the right while Stretch and Red sat in front of you.

Taking off Red's jacket, you leaned back with a sigh. Basking in the warmth of the cafe, the soft murmur of those around you and the smell of coffee filling the air.

Red's phone buzzed in his pockets, making you jump from your serene headspace. He snickered softly, gesturing to the left of his jacket.

after handing him his phone, Sans returned and sat next to you. "wasn't sure what you liked, so I got you tea." he said, lowering the four-cup tray holder and handed the large drinks to Stretch and Red, the former typing on his phone.

"creamer?" Stretch asked - Sans shoved his hand into his pocket and dropped seven creamers on the smooth surface. A grin on his mouth as Stretch rolled his eyelights, taking three. He paused, looking up at Sans once again. "sugar?"

"yes, honey?" Sans replied, snickering at the line between Stretch's brows. You perked up at this, a playful grin appearing on your redden lips.

"Yeah, babe?" You call, tilting your head a bit. The same grin widening when Stretch's skull began to colour that brilliant orange as you wrapped your hands around the cup. Your palms practically melting into the heat.

Stretch grumbled and snatched the sugar packets from Sans' outstretched hand. Trying to force down the embarrassed show of colour. He lifted the container to his teeth and took a sip - lightly cringing at the heat but otherwise was content with his drink.

Red was still on his phone, typing down his words with a few buttons on the flip phone. He reached over and gulped the coffee - no reaction to the heat or ... anything, really.

"Was that straight black coffee?" You ask, turning to Sans. He dumped two creamers into his own drink and one packet. Shrugging his shoulders.

"probably. can you be-leaf he can stomach it?" He said, his grin widening once again. You narrowed your eyes at him as his grin curled.

Red glanced up, his sharp teeth pulling into an amused smirk. He typed a few more sentences before flipping his phone closed, shoving it into his pants pockets and leaned against the table.

"c'mon, it ain't bad - surely ya could stomach it if ya wanted ta."

Stretch shook his head, lowering the sweetened coffee from his teeth. "can't use it twice."

"Yeah, that's cheating." You say, taking a sip of the tea. Earl grey, apparently.

Red chuckled, looking at his empty cup before looking up. "boss just called, said that he'll return to the house soon."

"already? ... okay."

*.*.*.*.*.*.*

"are you okay, sweetie?" A voice spoke up to your right. You flinched at the closeness and leaned back, trying to regain some personal space from the elderly woman.