25. Black Tea

Chapter Summary: A Pap in your step.

Chapter Note: I am a massive sucker for Papyrus —Any Papyrus, omg.ALSO THAT PHOTO AHHHH!

"Y/n!" Your friend greeted through clenched teeth. "You're.. out of your room, huh." She said, tilting her head with a painfully fake smile.

You pursed your lips, smiling apologetically to the three, rubbing your palms on your knees and pushed yourself to stand. "Yeah..."

"I didn't.." She glanced behind you. "Realize you got out of your depressive episode."

"Depressive episode?" You mutter silently, following her down the hall to her room. Nose wrinkling at the heavy smell of perfume as you leaned against her door.

"Yeah, you wouldn't come out of your room when they visit. I just thought you finally decided to back off." She said, shrugging her shoulders. You furrowed your eyebrows at her, unsure how to reply without her turning your own words against you.

"Uh, sure...?" Shaking your head, you pointed to the room besides her. "Im going to study... Uhm, call me if you need help with anything."

She laughed, pushing you back and closing her door behind her. "Yeah right. You mess up a lot as if i'm going to ask you for help."

You laughed nervously, scratching your cheek. "I'm.. doing better, though." You said to her door as a soft exhale escaped your lips. Turning around, you opened your door and closed it behind you. Grabbing your earphones from your nightstand and plugged it in your phone. Going through the playlists and picking a song, grabbing your laptop and papers before climbing onto your bed, typing in your password and began to work.

Two hours later, There was a knock on your door, pulling the buds out of your ear and pushed the laptop from your lap—exiting out of the program and filing away the working process.

"Come in!" You called, stacking the papers (and books) on the laptop. The door slowly opened, showing a nervous Papyrus.

You smiled softly. "Hi."

"HELLO, YOU DIDN'T COME OUT TO EAT. SO I DECIDED TO GIVE YOU FOOD!" He said, pushing the door open and showed you a plate filled with spaghetti, a taco, and a small piece of lasagna. His other hand held a steamy tea, a smile on his teeth as he carefully closed the door behind him and walked across the room to you.

"Oh," You said, turning on your phone to check the time. "I didn't realize it's been two hours already."

"ITS FINE, YOU WILL GET TO EXPERIENCE SOME GREAT CUISINE BY YOURS TRULY." He boasts, a proud gleam in his soft buzzing eye lights.

You gasped. "That's right! I never really got to eat your infamous spaghetti!" It's been so long since the first time Joseph visited, the memory hazy and distant to you that you ended up forgetting that you had offered to cook occasionally with Papyrus. You frowned softly at this, taking the plate from his hand as he sat on the edge of your bed. The cushioned mattress dipping slightly.

"I completely forgot about our cooking da-sessions. I'm so sorry Paps." You say, picking at the noodles with the plastic fork. Eyes lingering on the burnt pieces on the lasagna, you made sure to keep clear of it and picked the top layer off.

"IT IS FINE, AFTER WHAT HAPPENED I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT WANT TO HAVE TIME FOR YOURSELF!"

Cutting a edge with the fork, you stabbed it and shewed softly. Eyebrows slowly wrinkling as your gaze slowly dropped from Papyrus to the questionable pasta.

"Who made this?" You asked after swallowing. The sharp taste of vinegar lingering as you took another piece and shoved it into your mouth—If he made this then you definitely didn't want to hurt his feelings.