Chapter 7 - Never ending Friends

I stood in front of the floor-length mirror, staring at my reflection. My hair slightly curled but still as messy, my make up just my everyday eyeliner, mascara and neutral eyeshadow. A spaghetti-strapped, short, black, form-fitted dress clung to my body, black ankle boots hugged my feet, to top off the look I put on my leather jacket. I stared at myself then was interrupted by a buzzing noise, I looked over towards my phone and saw the screen light up, I read the caller ID, Blair? what would he want this late? I sighed and picked it up.

"what?"

"that's not a nice way to pick up the phone darling sister"

"Blair I couldn't fucking care, now what do you want?"

"well, I'm calling to say that your moving in tonig-"

"ha, funny I'm not moving in, I thought I made that clear?"

"Grim you don't have much of a choice"

"I'll move in when I feel like it"

"No you wo-"

"goodbye Blair"

"Grim wai-"

"I SAID GOODBYE!"

I hung up the phone and looked back in the mirror, he was not going to ruin my night, I rolled my eyes and walked to the door grabbing my keys, phone and wallet. I looked at the time and walked out of the house, the car ride was quiet but I couldn't stop thinking about something, or well someone... why would daddy choose tom to look after me? why not Jaq? I mean he took care of me when the boys were away he was a similar age but a few months older. I pulled up outside the club to see a guy leaning against the wall, a cigarette in his mouth.

"QUADE!"

he looked up and his eyes lit up, there he was my best friend, Quade Turner, Danny's older brother. his messy blonde hair hid underneath his cap, tattoos covered one arm, ripped jeans and combat boots complimented the baggy white shirt he wore, he looked like the typical bad boy but truly he was a big softie. 

"hey lucciola"

firefly, that was his nickname for me, maybe because I lit their house on fire when I was a kid. 

"ciao pesce"  

"Alright you can stop calling me fish, I don't need to be reminded that I almost drowned"

"Ma perche pero pensavo ti piacesse questo soprannome Blair" 

"ok lucciola, stop speaking Italian and no, I don't like that nickname, why would I? you're calling me a fucking fish"

"but you are a fish, just agree with me you'll never win this argument"

"I know but..."

"no buts let's go get wasted it isn't a school night!"

"When has that ever stopped you?"

"never"

I skipped towards the entrance of the club, quade following close behind me, I stopped at looked at the bouncer he was quite built like he was on steroids, he looked at me then shifted to the side, I looked at Quade and my smile grew, I reached for his hand and he took it happily. I dragged him into the club, bright neon lights shone in my eyes, the vibes everyone had was awesome. the music filled my head, the laughter and yelling completed the room, I turned my head towards the bar and headed over there leaving Quade to do his thing. I struggled through the crowd and made my way up to an empty seat. 

"hey sunshine"

"hey, Dar, how's business been?"

before me stood a man in his early 20's, dyed neon green hair and eyes which looked black in the light, he was the head bartender. Darren Indee. he looked at me up and down then shook his head.

"now what, you only shake your head at me when I've done something wrong"

"You have done something wrong, you haven't been here in ages"

"look I'm sorry, but school isn't easy and daddy is being an ass"

"let's not talk about him, or school. Just the usual? two shots of whiskey vodka in your Manhatten?" 

"You got it, can you deliver it to my spot?"

"of course shortass"

"thanks"

He smiled then walked off to make my drink, I stood up and walked upstairs to the booths, I turned around to see a girl sitting with Quade, her hair was a pastel pink and just cut above her elbows, she had sky blue eyes. she looked at me, stood up, screamed and ran towards me pulling me into a tight hug almost knocking me off my feet.

"nice to see you ky"

"Grim Riley Peiar, I haven't seen you in months"

"look I'm sorry, shit just has been crazy at the moment"

"well let's just forget all that and live for tonight"

she smiled and dragged me over to the booth sitting me in the middle, later on, Darren joined us, the night was off to a good start until he walked in...