Chapter 25 - Arguments

Was I finally going to die? Was this the end? A million thoughts ran through my head as my vision decreased, the figure that stood in front of me had that same sickening smile on his face from when we were engaged, his grip loosed around my neck when I saw someone come in, I looked over his shoulder and saw someone, tall, messy brown hair, gorgeous brown eyes.

"T-Thomas- "

That was all I could force out of my body before the grip tightened again.

"Hello, Hellbourne, coming to watch your little whore die?"

"Charles... leave before I throw you out"

"Ha, funny aren't you. Throwing me out you can't fucking fight me you're too weak"

I saw him walk up to us with a clenched fist, the pressure around my throat disappeared and I fell to my knees gasping for air, I looked back up and saw a body lying in front of me, blood slipping from his nose, I looked back up at Tom and smiled, his hand outstretched to me and I took it gladly I got to my feet and leant against the wall whilst Charles was dealt with. Minutes past and I was joined by Tom again, he pointed out the door and I did what he said, he walked in front of me, his shoes hitting against the cherry black hardwood flooring, he stopped outside a huge wooden double door and opened it, to which I suppose would be his office, a large pine desk sat in front of the window, he walked behind it and sat down signalling for me to come in and close the doors and I did just that, he opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off

"Why the fuck are we here? Why couldn't we talk in my room?!"

"Grim you almost died, twice for that matter"

"what's your fucking point?!"

I wasn't holding my anger back anymore; I was going to let it all out.

"GRIM HE ALMOST FUCKING KILLED YOU! WHY ARE YOU MAD AT ME?!"

"YOU SHOULD'VE LET HIM KILL ME; HE WON'T STOP UNTIL I'M IS DEAD!"

"I CAN'T FUCKING LET HIM KILL YOU OK I PROMISED HARVEY TO KEEP YOU SAFE!"

"WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT WHAT HE SAID OK IT'S MY LIFE NOT HIS!"

The tension between us started heating up again, tears formed in my eyes and the warmth in his left, causing mine to do the same, I turned my back and placed my hand on the handle only to have me dragged back and thrown into a seat, I looked up at Tom and started shouting louder

"WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE?! OK, YOU COULD'VE LET ME DIE!"

"THAT'S NOT THE POINT GRIM, I DIDN'T BRING YOU UP HERE TO ARGUE WITH YOU!"

"THEN WHY THE FUCK AM I HERE THOMAS?! WHAT COULD BE SO GODDAMN FUCKING IMPORTANT TO YOU, FOR YOU TO FUCKING DRAG ME INTO YOU OFFICE!?"

He took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Why does he want to kill you? Or the main one, how do you know him?"

I stared at him coldly, he sat back in his seat and leant on his hands, I turned away and decided to shut up.

"Grim either you tell me or- "

"Or what huh Thomas? What are you going to do? Kill me? Threaten me?"

I could tell he was surprised at what I said especially after what happened.

"I- "

I sighed and stood up and held my breath and walked to the door

"Grim sit down now..."

"OR FUCKING WHAT? OK WHY DON'T YOU FUCKING SHOOT ME!? IT'LL DO US BOTH A FAVOUR! YOU WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ME AND I CAN FINALLY GET OUT OF THIS PLACE! I WON'T BE HUNTED BY A CRAZY EX FIANCEE WHO CHEATED ON ME THE NIGHT BEFORE OUR WEDDING WITH MY BEST FRIEND THEN MADE OUT WITH HER DURING THE WEDDING AS WELL!"

I fell to my knees and tears came down again, the two towers I balanced on my shoulders were falling, crumbling into a pile of rubble.

"Wait... you were engaged to him?"

"YES, ISN'T IT THAT OBVIOUS?! WHY ELSE WOULD HE CALL ME ALL THOSE STUPID NAMES!"

"Grim... I'm sor- "

"SORRY?! SORRY FOR WHAT?! FOR ME BEING THAT STUPID 14-YEAR-OLD GIRL WHO GOT ENGAGED TO A CHEATER A WEEK AFTER DATING HIM!? FOR ME BEING THAT FOOL WHO RUINED HER OWN LIFE!?"

I rose to my feet and walked over to Tom and pushed him against the desk.

"WAIT NO, LET ME GUESS... YOUR SORRY CAUSE THAT'S ALL YOU CAN THINK ABOUT SAYING!? CAUSE YOU CAN'T FUCKING DEAL WITH ANY OF THIS SHIT! IS THAT RIGHT?!"

"CAN YOU STOP FUCKING YELLING AT ME?! IT'S NOT MY FUCKING FAULT YOU CAN'T SUCCEED AT A FUCKING RELATIONSHIP!"

He froze at those words and looked down, I stepped back and let every bit of water go from my eyes

"you're right I can't succeed at a relationship"