Chapter 12 - Lust and her past

(Toms Pov)

she sat up on the counter, looking like a goddess, her eyes planted on me, I looked up and caught them quickly, the addicting look she had made me want her again. but I knew I couldn't not after what happened last night, she needed to rest. I stood up and walked towards her grabbing her waist, I felt her tense at the touch but she did nothing, just look the other way. I carefully unwrapped the bandage and examined the wound, I traced my fingers around it gently making sure I didn't hurt her more than she already was. 

"Ow! that fucking hurts!"

"well if you hold still it wouldn't hurt so much"

"WELL NOT MY FUCKING FAULT I GOT SHOT THEN IS IT FUCKFACE"

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT EITHER!"

"TRUTH BE TOLD THOMAS IT IS YOUR FAULT I GOT SHOT!"

"HOW? TELL ME HOW IT IS MY FAULT YOU GOT FUCKING SNIPED!"

"YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO BE PROTECTING ME! THAT WAS YOUR JOB! HARVEY CHOSE YOU TO PROTECT ME! AND YOU LET HIM DOWN!"

"WELL, I NEVER FUCKING KNEW ABOUT THIS! I NEVER KNEW THAT YOU WERE A TARGET TO THE IRISH FUCKING MAFIA! I NEVER FUCKING KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT YOU AND CHARLES! I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOU"

I stood back and leant against the wall, tears were pouring out of her eyes, she looked down and ran her hand through her tangled hair, I knew I had hit a nerve, I started dressing her wound and bandaging it back up. I stood up and turned my back to her, I took one step when I felt a soft hand grab my wrist, her hands were cold but I didn't mind that, I looked back over my shoulder to see her sitting on the counter looking sheepishly down, I've never seen her like this before, I've only known her for one day but she has never shown this side before. I turned to face her and her eyes caught mine, they were glassy and dull, she took a deep breath and looked back down. 

"don't bring them up ever again..."

she stood up and grabbed her side finding a comfortable position, and walked out of the room, I ran after her and grabbed her hips, making her turn to face me, I grabbed her cheeks and pulled her in, our lips connected again, I felt her melt into it, like her worries left straight away. she pressed her body against mine, the heat radiating off her onto me, the smell of her perfume stung my nostrils. she pulled away and looked at me, her eyes filled with hunger, pain, everything she was confusing. 

(Grim's Pov)

I stood in front of him, my hands by my side. I wanted more but I couldn't let my emotions take over not again, we looked at each other for a minute in complete silence, I looked at his arms and counted all the tattoos I saw, around 36 different tattoos, way more than me, I only had around 5 or 6, he stepped forward and I looked into his eyes. 

"Grim, what connection do you have with the Irish mafia?"

I looked away and started heading back to bed, he wasn't going to know. 

"Classified information, now leave I need to rest"

he nodded and walked towards the door, I knew I hurt him but I needed to protect myself. 

"Thomas?"

"Yes?"

"I'm also not going to be here tomorrow"

"wait... Grim you've been shot you're not going anywhere"

"I'm afraid you can't change that, I need to see someone"

"But..."

"now leave"

I watched as he left the room closing the door, his shoes fading into the distance, what did you get yourself into Grim Riley? where on earth did you go wrong?